Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Any One Have Pics

Old 01-18-2007, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any One Have Pics

anyone have pics of their underhood padding if they have an X model only....i'm having a dispute w/ DC right now as i do not have any padding or any lighting PLSE I REALLY NEED THIS
Old 01-18-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here you go

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope this helps

I know that the light was discontinued or not stock after a certain time period. Not sure when it was stopped though.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default plse read

when was yours made they are claiming that this padding was an option what options did you get i appreciate man
Old 01-18-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine was built in Aug/06, It shows Standard Equipment, LDAS Under hood Lamp,I don't see anything regarding the underhood Fire Blanket.

The under hood lamp I know was taken off as standard equipment just not sure when.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

DC's Jeep web site still shows the under hood lamp as a standard feature. And I can't even find any mention of the padding anywhere. What kind of option do they think this is? the save your paint option? Noise Reduction Option? Has your dealer been any help in this for you? Good Luck PROD i am sorry you have to deal with this. Who knows when I get mine I may have to join you in the fight.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody have info on where we find this as "standard equipment"? I read about this last night, checked this AM and no fire supression blanket and no light. Thanks,
Old 01-18-2007, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the blanket but not the light... GRRRRRR! I see where it is supposed to be mounted. I noticed that I did not have a light while at the lot... but I just figured that was how it was supposed to be. Now that I see other folks with the light... Calling the dealer now!!!

Just got off the phone with the dealer and they are going to take care of it. He said it was an oversight and that they received a box of them from DC to install. But now I am more deeply disturbed about this:

Originally Posted by Jake_Blues
If you go to the Jeep website and look at "standard equipment" for the Wrangler, both the footwell and underhood courtesy lights are listed as standard for all models.
-E
WTF!!! I don't have footwell lights either. It kinda pissed me off when I was messing with my jeep and discovered that all I had was a fricken dome light. but then again, I realized I did not buy a Lexus and just figured that was par for the course. I drop #$$@# all the time in the floor and it would be nice to see when I needed too. This is why I have a small flashlight velcro'd to my roll bar above me.

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 01-18-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Managain92
Anybody have info on where we find this as "standard equipment"? I read about this last night, checked this AM and no fire supression blanket and no light. Thanks,
If you go to the Jeep website and look at "standard equipment" for the Wrangler, both the footwell and underhood courtesy lights are listed as standard for all models.

The underhood blanket you probably won't find mentioned anywhere.

The brochure only lists the footwell and overhead lamps, nothing about the underhood lamp.

-E
Old 01-18-2007, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Archer
DC's Jeep web site still shows the under hood lamp as a standard feature. And I can't even find any mention of the padding anywhere. What kind of option do they think this is? the save your paint option? Noise Reduction Option? Has your dealer been any help in this for you? Good Luck PROD i am sorry you have to deal with this. Who knows when I get mine I may have to join you in the fight.
The X Unl. I test drove had it. I noticed when I opened the hood 'cause it was something different from my TJ. The light is on the jeep.com website I just checked. I hope the X Unl. I ordered has the blanket. I agree that it is there for noise reduction. The TJ Unl. had extra insulation on the firewall (and underhood I think) for the same purpose.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default Ok Get This

I Spoke To Dc They Said Lights Are Discontinued As Of December On An X 2 Door The Light Is On An Option Package 23c ?????? It Does Also Have The Padding On 2 Others On The Lot They Both Have The Padding Because They Are S Models However No Lights Because They Dont Have The 23c Pkge .......i Have An Unlimited With No Padding Noone Knows What The F----- They're Talking About

Quick Reply: Any One Have Pics