Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Any 2 door JKs on 40s ?

Old 02-16-2015, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ haha
Old 02-16-2015, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I love watching train wrecks in action. This should be an epic fail when done.
Well challenge accepted
Old 02-16-2015, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now i know and see clearly why most people leave this forum n go to JKowners Seems only few guys in here know everything and the others should just copy paste them

Or even you can't copy paste them cuz no one can achieve it except those few people !

Last edited by shj_jeep; 02-16-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shj_jeep
Now i know and see clearly why most people leave this forum n go to JKowners Seems only few guys in here know everything and the others should just copy paste them

Or even you can't copy paste them cuz no one can achieve it except those few people !
OR! (Hear me out) you've got an insane amount of lift planned in a strange way and plan on running 40s with a dana30 up front (even though you've said axles will come later). How are you going to turn all that meat? Gear as high as you can with the 30 and hope it doesn't explode? Personally, I feel like you've got your cart in front of your horse. Get your axles and everything else lined up first. I won't go higher than 35s with my 30. I'm holding off on 37s until I get the axle swapped soon. Although people may come across like an ass, they're just trying to help you and it seems you're looking for "Yeah man, go for it!" rather than the truth.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well i guess i am repeating this for the 4th time that this is temporary and i wont be doing any off-roading on it or even driving it !!
My jeep is my third car (FYI)
And that the plan is to finish this project before next year with dana60s and possible V8
Your friends already knew this and still trying to put me down from continuing it with there lame jokes !
For further information, we have accomplished in here huge number of JKs with all kind of hemi(s) and drivetrains
And lately was done with a 7.2L strocked from srt8 engine with dodge manual transmission with dynatrack 44 front and 60 rear 1350 custom shafts running on 37" tires So let your smart experience buddies know that !

Well Was my mistake to share this in this forum !

Last edited by shj_jeep; 02-16-2015 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well i guess i am repeating this for the 4th time that this is temporary and i wont be doing any off-roading on it or even driving it !!
Why waste money to truss the axles if you aren't even driving it !!
Old 02-17-2015, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stubicon
Why waste money to truss the axles if you aren't even driving it !!
Wow, everyone here search for any mistake to attack me hahaha

Anyway its ok maybe cuz I forgot to mention this also that
I am participating with it in custom cars show next month in 4x4 section and it may include a short parade part in the show
2nd thing is testing tire clearance/ brakes/ performance/ etc
Again, To be in safe side "temporary"

I see its Better not to continue sharing in this thread
Old 02-17-2015, 04:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, everyone here search for any mistake to attack me hahaha

Anyway its ok maybe cuz I forgot to mention this also that
I am participating with it in custom cars show next month in 4x4 section and it may include a short parade part in the show
2nd thing is testing tire clearance/ brakes/ performance/ etc
Again, To be in safe side "temporary"

I see its Better not to continue sharing in this thread
O well shit if its in a parade this all now magically makes sense. Cant leave out such drastic details...
Old 02-17-2015, 05:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

My jeep is my third car (FYI)
And that the plan is to finish this project before next year with dana60s and possible V8
Your friends already knew this and still trying to put me down from continuing it with there lame jokes !
For further information, we have accomplished in here huge number of JKs with all kind of hemi(s) and drivetrains
And lately was done with a 7.2L strocked from srt8 engine with dodge manual transmission with dynatrack 44 front and 60 rear 1350 custom shafts running on 37" tires So let your smart experience buddies know that !

Well Was my mistake to share this in this forum !
Actually your mistake was buying 40's and not doing your research first.

Try JKowners, people will tell you the same thing and most people here are on there as well. You are talking to people that have been there and done that and when you make comments about how the fox ATS is better then hydraulic assist then you really show you don't know what you are talking about and are just throwing money at your jeep to impress people by running 40" tires to run in the sand.

You can do 7.4 liter swaps here if you want to dump that much money into a jeep, its not something new over here as there are several shops and kits available for both Hemi and LS motors. There are even 4BT swap kits. That set up with Dynatrac 44 and rear 60 with 1350 shafts and 37" tires makes sense and depending on the suspension I bet is a pretty sweet jeep.

7" of lift on a 2 door with 40's and lots of power is going to be a roll over hazard in the sand.

You say you are doing tons but buy new wheels that will not fit on tons. There is a different bolt pattern and the JK 5x5 does not fit over a 60 hub.

You say you are doing tons but waste money installing trusses on something you are not going to wheel.

You buy new wheels with improper back spacing for your axles.

You tell us one thing but your actions show something else and the route you are going is not going to work.

It just amazes me how guys are so casual about thinking they can just buy some 40's and throw them on. Many of the people in this thread have spent weeks or months modifying, cutting, and welding their jeeps so they can properly run 40's and have a jeep that is still useable.

You have been given some good advise on this forum and if you don't like it, sorry.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman

Actually your mistake was buying 40's and not doing your research first.

Try JKowners, people will tell you the same thing and most people here are on there as well. You are talking to people that have been there and done that and when you make comments about how the fox ATS is better then hydraulic assist then you really show you don't know what you are talking about and are just throwing money at your jeep to impress people by running 40" tires to run in the sand.

You can do 7.4 liter swaps here if you want to dump that much money into a jeep, its not something new over here as there are several shops and kits available for both Hemi and LS motors. There are even 4BT swap kits. That set up with Dynatrac 44 and rear 60 with 1350 shafts and 37" tires makes sense and depending on the suspension I bet is a pretty sweet jeep.

7" of lift on a 2 door with 40's and lots of power is going to be a roll over hazard in the sand.

You say you are doing tons but buy new wheels that will not fit on tons. There is a different bolt pattern and the JK 5x5 does not fit over a 60 hub.

You say you are doing tons but waste money installing trusses on something you are not going to wheel.

You buy new wheels with improper back spacing for your axles.

You tell us one thing but your actions show something else and the route you are going is not going to work.

It just amazes me how guys are so casual about thinking they can just buy some 40's and throw them on. Many of the people in this thread have spent weeks or months modifying, cutting, and welding their jeeps so they can properly run 40's and have a jeep that is still useable.

You have been given some good advise on this forum and if you don't like it, sorry.
^ What he said. I just saw a guy on Metalcloak's Facebook page that was running 40s on rubi axles and all 5 of his rear driver side studs sheared off on the highway.

Quick Reply: Any 2 door JKs on 40s ?