Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Another transfer case explosion/fire

Old 04-02-2011, 10:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea they make one for the jk and it don't flop around its the shit!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Not gonna lie, grenading the T-Case scares the crap out of me, especailly since I've got an 08 Rubi, 35s, 5.13s, TF 4" with the 8 adjustible CAs, and TW Front/Rear 1310s with the CV at the double cardan at the t-case and standard joint at the pinions.

I've only noticed very slight vibes with these TW shafts at 65-70 MPH, but I won't take it any higher than that right now. I ran the stock shafts for nearly a month on my setup before changing to the TW shafts and never had a driveline vibe. Maybe the multiple double cardan is the way to go.

I will say my front pinion angle is damn near zero, but my caster is set pretty high up. To off-set the flightiness, I installed the TF draglink flip kit and really stiffend up my handling.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx

What do you have for a front drive shaft?
Ok I have an 09 X Jk with stock driveshafts.... Now 3" teraflex lift with 4 control arms new track bar and stabilizer kit. I run 35" MT mtz's

Wondering cause they left CASTER at stock if I'm at risk more or less cause they didn't touch caster.

How can I check out pinion angle? If everything is lined up etc??? I am soooooo no mechanic..... wish I new more.
Thx again Rob
Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default No problems......yet......

For what its worth, I have the same recipe for disaster but without the disaster(knock on wood ). Replacement yoke at the tcase and adapter at the pinion. My caster is near 0 and the Jeep drives fine and straight. Pinion just dips below the ds angle a few degrees. Have had it upto 120kmh/75mph and no vibes at all. Been on several road trips over the last 15months and no problems yet. Had the ds rebalanced and straightened once.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Can someone put up a pic of a multiple double cardan DS. Thanks
Old 04-03-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLVR07
Can someone put up a pic of a multiple double cardan DS. Thanks
Old 04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Holy shit that sucks.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now i really have to fix my caster... i put it too far with my TF adjustable arms and have decent vides at 50-55mph. They go away at highway speeds, but my alignment of the front end needs to be towed in also to take away from some vibes too... hope this weather turns around ASAP so i can get some maintanence done..
Old 04-03-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by matt_jediknight
Thank you, I have a double cordon joint at the t case and a regular u joint at the diff. I have an X model woth a 2.5" BB. Are you saying that the angle must be straight in line (the DS and the front u joint?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by SLVR07
Thank you, I have a double cordon joint at the t case and a regular u joint at the diff. I have an X model woth a 2.5" BB. Are you saying that the angle must be straight in line (the DS and the front u joint?
The farther from straight that angle is, the more likely it is to vibrate.

According to the Tom Woods web site, the angle should be less than 3°.

Quick Reply: Another transfer case explosion/fire