Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Another stubby made from stocker

Old 10-30-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another stubby made from stocker

Cost about $35 bucks. Had the lights already

Old 10-30-2010, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks great. Love the DIY mods!
Old 10-30-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default A little write up...

Looks great, give a little write up for what you did
Old 10-30-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

PLEASE Tell me how.. I LIKEY ALOT
Old 10-30-2010, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doublebaggin17
PLEASE Tell me how.. I LIKEY ALOT
ME TOO!!! Looks good!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Newbie

Looks great, Nice and simple...
Old 10-31-2010, 04:26 AM
JK Newbie

Pretty simple to make. First disconnect fog lights and remove the whole bumper. Then remove the the plastic bumper from the metal frame and take the fogs out. Now you will have to grind off the crush cans on the metal bumper as clean as you can and sand it smooth. Next I temporarily remounted just the metal bumper to mark the angle of the cut I wanted, then removed it and cut it. Painted it with rustoleum bed liner spray. Bought 2 weldable D-rings and welded them to the stock tow hooks (not while on the jeep), grind and clean up welds and then painted with same paint. Mounted the bumper with new modified tow hooks. For the stock fog light mounting I got some diamond plate and cut it out to fit in the openings of the bumper, mounted each piece using two of the tow hook bolts and one nut/bolt behind the license plate. Used a hole saw to cut fog light openings, then marked four mounting hole and drilled with 1/4" drill bit. You will need 4 spacers between the diamond plate and the light for each fog light otherwise they will stick out to far, I used 1/4 threaded rod couplings which were the perfect length. Get some 1/4" stainless bolts or screws, mount the spacer couplings to the lights first then mount the lights to the diamond plate. Drill a couple holes for the license plate, mount it and your done. I thnk I might eventually paint the diamond plate black too but for now its done. Also I plan to install some small off road lights in the bumper end openings pointed out just in front of the front wheels for nightime fun.

Last edited by sticky; 10-31-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job! I really like it!
Old 10-31-2010, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	99274LOOKS AWESOME
Old 10-31-2010, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sticky
Pretty simple to make. First disconnect fog lights and remove the whole bumper. Then remove the the plastic bumper from the metal frame and take the fogs out. Now you will have to grind off the crush cans on the metal bumper as clean as you can and sand it smooth. Next I temporarily remounted just the metal bumper to mark the angle of the cut I wanted, then removed it and cut it. Painted it with rustoleum bed liner spray. Bought 2 weldable D-rings and welded them to the stock tow hooks (not while on the jeep), grind and clean up welds and then painted with same paint. Mounted the bumper with new modified tow hooks. For the stock fog light mounting I got some diamond plate and cut it out to fit in the openings of the bumper, mounted each piece using two of the tow hook bolts and one nut/bolt behind the license plate. Used a hole saw to cut fog light openings, then marked four mounting hole and drilled with 1/4" drill bit. You will need 4 spacers between the diamond plate and the light for each fog light otherwise they will stick out to far, I used 1/4 threaded rod couplings which were the perfect length. Get some 1/4" stainless bolts or screws, mount the spacer couplings to the lights first then mount the lights to the diamond plate. Drill a couple holes for the license plate, mount it and your done. I thnk I might eventually paint the diamond plate black too but for now its done. Also I plan to install some small off road lights in the bumper end openings pointed out just in front of the front wheels for nightime fun.

Thanks boss... Like I said before "it's Nice"

Quick Reply: Another stubby made from stocker