Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Another one for the "Haters" on board...

Old 06-23-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another one for the "Haters" on board...

Finally got my wheels after a 6 month b.o. wait. I swapped out my TF bb for some Rusty 3.25 coils, adjustable front trac bar, and few other little things. Also painted my door brackets with some Rustoleum bedliner, they were getting pretty beat up. I think I got about 4" on the front and about 2 3/4" on the rear from the coils.
As for my tires, they are 36x13.50-20 Iroks. I had them on a Dodge 2500 and took them off for 39's, and ended up keeping them for a rainy day. They fit pretty well. I need to get a 1" bl for a little extra clearance. Even at ~60% tread, these tires still measure 35.5". I cut 2" off the rock rail and trimed the corner of the body panel so there would be no rubbing.
Overall, I'm ecstatic with the ride, it rides much better than it did w/stock coils and the TF spacers. Not to mention the tires are 10x quieter!!
Oh, I took it easy on the tire clean for the pics too...I wouldn't want you guys to get too uptight!!! (Jgoard15 knows what I'm talkin about)

As for the airing down...I live a helluva long way from Moab and don't see myself there anytime soon!!

Before...

After...

A little forum support

I was too tight to buy an extra spare, so some flat black paint took it's place!!

And a few others...

Lover em or hate, I think it looks badass, and have got nothing but compliments on it every I have gone the last few days.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stil like them. Still not crazy about the silver stars though. Jeep looks great!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
Not bad looking at all. Save some money and get a matching spare. That's one of my pet peev's for Jeeps, no matching spare.
I normally would, but I only had four of the Iroks. When i am ready for a new set of tires, I will add a full size spare. It's a peeve of mine too, I can live with the painter stocker for now tho.

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I stil like them. Still not crazy about the silver stars though. Jeep looks great!!!
That was the most thing I was apprehensive about, they are actually growing on me tho, it's adds a nice contrast to all the black.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Junkie

I love it but dump the spare it just doesnt flow you know what I mean, Im shocked greenamphibious hasnt hated yet lol
Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Looks good man @#?* the Haters
Old 06-23-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

That combo looks nice to me
Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they look kickass .... except for the star, kinda gay, paint it and all will be well.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it looks pretty bada$$. I'm a fan of the rockstars, woulda got them myself if the pricetag was lower. I'd probably leave the stars silver for little while then paint them black once the satisfaction of new wheels faded.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:46 PM
JK Super Freak

okay, I finally admit it... I don't dig the stars at all. Not just on your jeep but on all the rock stars. The wheels and size of the wheels are fine with me for sure... I'd just be making those stars as subtle as possible.

That's just my opinion... You and others could HATE Orange jeeps, but then I'd just be calling you all haters!

Your rig looks great and I hope you love it and it treats you well for years to come.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

love it, would also buy the rockstars if i could afford it. and im a fan of the stars, i think it gives it more of a military look.

invest in a spare tire cover.

Quick Reply: Another one for the "Haters" on board...