Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Another OR-Fab Dual Gerry can Tire carrier installed

Old 06-12-2010, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another OR-Fab Dual Gerry can Tire carrier installed

Finished my OR-Fab Dual Gerry can Tire carrier install today. For anyone that has the Terra-flex third brake light adapter, I had to bend the CB antenna mount tab down to clear the passenger side Gerry can. This meant I had to move the CB antenna to the tire carrier tab and re-route the antenna wire.

I do have one complaint. Why doesn't a $500 tire carrier not include the $2 bolts to mount the High-lift jack yet provide the threaded holes. You would thing they could afford to throw them in. JMHO

Old 06-12-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks great bro. I need to pick myself up one of those. notice any rattles or shakes? What is that rear bumper by the way?
Old 06-12-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

None so far but it has only been on for a day.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm looking to purchase one of these next week. How was the install?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put one on last year, sturdy as can be, no squeaks or rattles. Had a few spots the powder coat gave way to a hint of rust, but considering where I live and the winters around here (read: road salt), I can't complain too much.

Installation takes 4-5 hours. It's fairly complicated, actually. You'll need a right-handed drill, careful measuring for the reinforcement struts that require drilling through the body panels, and lots of patience.

A good product though.

Quick Reply: Another OR-Fab Dual Gerry can Tire carrier installed