Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Annnddd...37's are on

Old 10-13-2015, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks SCHLEPPN02!

Burton....I'm DONE! For now! If I spend anymore money I may need a GoFundMe for a place to stay because the wife will give me the boot! By the way....I'm a former squid and a buddy of mine have been trying to figure out Sapper. Can't it, for the sake of oodles of detail be likened to a Seabee?

Thanks Offroad_Elements!
Old 10-13-2015, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
Thanks SCHLEPPN02! Burton....I'm DONE! For now! If I spend anymore money I may need a GoFundMe for a place to stay because the wife will give me the boot! By the way....I'm a former squid and a buddy of mine have been trying to figure out Sapper. Can't it, for the sake of oodles of detail be likened to a Seabee? Thanks Offroad_Elements!
Haha in the same boat with my wife!

Sapper is the army engineer version of ranger but with explosives. From my understanding Seabees are engineers as well but construction. Too many titles in the military....
Old 10-13-2015, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by burton50x
Haha in the same boat with my wife!

Sapper is the army engineer version of ranger but with explosives. From my understanding Seabees are engineers as well but construction. Too many titles in the military....

Cool. Thanks! So many tabs at work and I ask a buddy (former Army) and he's like, "dunno".
Old 10-13-2015, 11:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't wait to hear your report on difference with those new 37's, awesome looking btw!
Old 10-14-2015, 03:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkdoppler
Can't wait to hear your report on difference with those new 37's, awesome looking btw!
Thanks! I doubt they'll be much different. Not much in way of sketchy trails but those 35" Trail Grapplers loved mud! What I will say is that on my 20 mile commute to work this morning, they were quieter than my Nitto's...Not sure how or why. I didn't rub today...Always good. I should be able to say whether or not it was a solid choice after this weekend!
Old 10-14-2015, 05:24 AM
JK Junkie

Looks great congrats
Old 10-14-2015, 05:40 AM
JK Jedi

Try full lock in reverse... that's where mine rubs. I have RK lower control arms so they may sit lower than what you have. A couple of my buddies run those wheels on 37's and use 2 inch spacers (I still need to buy spacers for mine. It's driveable for sure, but I suspect it will be a more pronounced when wheeling).
Old 10-14-2015, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good choice. Looks good
Old 10-14-2015, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
Not how I wanted it. Buyer for my 35's backed out because he'd soon have to buy tires with 70% tread life left. but, I already had the new wheels and tires ordered.

I really dig it and I can't wait for this weekend at Jeeptobertest to break them in.

Old setup was 18" Black Rhino Sidewinders with 35x12.50x18 Trail Grapplers. New setup is gunmetal 17" Fuel Trophy's with 37x13.50x17 Toyo Open Country M/Ts.

Added Teraflex bump stop extensions so I have ~4" on a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift. May need to trim the front of the rear inner bushwhacker fender near the pinch seam as it rubbed a smidge on the highway in a dip.

Only one pic for now because it rained then got dark.

Attachment 627267
Attachment 627269
Attachment 627270
Looks great, I'll be down this weekend at Jeeptoberfest too.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Try full lock in reverse... that's where mine rubs. I have RK lower control arms so they may sit lower than what you have. A couple of my buddies run those wheels on 37's and use 2 inch spacers (I still need to buy spacers for mine. It's driveable for sure, but I suspect it will be a more pronounced when wheeling).
2"?!?! Yikes!

Thanks for the suggestions and compliments everyone...Heading home in a few so I'll see how she drives at least on the road!

Quick Reply: Annnddd...37's are on