Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Am I crazy to trade my 07' X for a 2010 Mountain edition?

Old 07-11-2010, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmhines
Just buy the Mountain hood decals. It's cheaper. I could see trading for a Rubi but not another X.
QFT
Old 07-11-2010, 04:38 PM
JK Jedi

what is warranty compared to your "07" ? that might be a deciding factor
Old 07-11-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

They are going to announce the 2011 soon. You should wait until you have a chance to look at it.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stormcooker
I brought my JK in to the dealer for an oil change and there it was....a brand new 2-door Mountain edition in black. So I had to talk to a salesman to see how much. My Jeep is clean, only 19k miles, also black, with a few upgrades such as 17" Duratrac tires, cat-back black exhaust, CAI, touch-screen DVD, and a Superchip programmer. I owe about $5k for it. The dealer appraised my jeep and offered to give $17500. I have about 15 payments left at $400/mo. I can drive away with this new Mountain edition for $500/mo for 36 months. The sticker price is $29k. Here's the options...

My jeep has the 17" alloy wheels, freedom top, Infinity 7-speaker system, A/C.
I'm looking for people to talk me into it OR talk me out of it. What do you think? I would be basically paying 17k for a new jeep with a few extra options, but trading in a 4-year old Wrangler X potentially paid off in 15 months. What would you do?

Yes, you are crazy (IMO). Pay the silly thing off and then mod that crap out of it. That's what I am doing (the paid for is done, the mods are rolling). $500 per month for the next 3 years?? No thanks. I am a big fan of owning my vehicles, not the bank owning them.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Trading up and winding up with the finacial burden is EXACTLY what I would do and I would wind up regretting it. I seriously suggest paying off your jeep and enjoying owning it flat out for a few years.... Unless of course you can swing something like this without it weighing negativly on your finacial situation, in which case I say go for S@$%!

I agree that for $5K or so you could turn your current jeep into a beast
Old 07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

why dont you put the 17k into the one you have thats alot of mods
Old 07-11-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

No kidding put the money into yours. Unless you really want a new one. but even yurs is still new. Personally the only thing that I would gain from going from my X to a Mountain would be the MTr's. But I'd rather pay 500 bucks instead of 17K. Yea they look nice but you can make yours look the same for alot less.

Just my
Old 07-11-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my Mountain Ed. but I did trade in a truck, if you own a Jeep already, I would put the money into mods and get it to where you want it! I didn't take as much in all the packages as you are looking at either, it was just too much all at once. I did take both tops, A/C, but not the elec disconnect, rear locker or power windows
Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

I agree. I just got the 2010 mountain edition. Already lifted and larger tires... But i traded in a pretty crappy pathfinder.. If i was in your situation it would be an easy decision to pay off my jeep and do more mods or chill until the 2011s are out and then make a decision... Either way you're sitting pretty!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by vinnysucks
Considering that they are pretty much the same jeep... why not spend 8.5k (half of the value of trading in for the new one) on new mods and create an AMAZING vehicle?
+1
spend the extra cash on mods

Quick Reply: Am I crazy to trade my 07' X for a 2010 Mountain edition?