Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Almost!!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost!!!!

Almost got me a New LOD rear bumper today!!! somebody almost rear ended me! Kinda glad they didint tho....
Old 09-14-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKjunkie2009
Almost got me a New LOD rear bumper today!!! somebody almost rear ended me! Kinda glad they didint tho....
If someone rear-ended you, how would you get an LoD bumper? Insurance would replace your stock one. I guess you could keep the money and put it towards an LoD bumper, but I doubt itd cover the full cost
Old 09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Show?

Old 09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
wdb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
If someone rear-ended you, how would you get an LoD bumper? Insurance would replace your stock one. I guess you could keep the money and put it towards an LoD bumper, but I doubt itd cover the full cost
Its very possible i'm completely wrong on this but i think i read in another thread that the cost of replacing the rear bumper was an outrageous amount close to the price of some of the aftermarket bumpers.

So its a realistic dream.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Just happened to me today. $276 for bumper and $70 for labor.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Margarita 4 me
Just happened to me today. $276 for bumper and $70 for labor.
sounds about right, well, look at it this way, one hell of a discount on an aftermarket one. Want to know my awesome luck? I DID get rear-ended by a white 2008 toyota corola while I was sitting at a red light. Wanna know what happened? They hit my trailer hitch first and then once the hood crunch I got a white scuff mark on my spare, thats if, the car never even made it to my bumper, hahahaha. I got out pissed and then realized that I was fine, I was just like "Uhhh. . .well, I guess I dont need your information, my jeep is fine, I guess just take care of yourself." Theyre car was practically totalled.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got rear ended last winter and took home $600. The poor mustang bashed out both headlights and pushed in his grill.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got over $600 for my front and they only cracked it about 8" in from the end. No damage to the steel. The adjuster added in the cost to paint the bumper even. And that just about bought me my LOD front.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been fortunate (so far) to never have been rear ended in my Jeep. However, I was rear ended twice in my 2000 Tacoma and twice in my 1999 Yukon. I've always had my double-hooked insert in my receiver, and it's saved my butt every time and done tons of damage to every vehicle that's hit me...this includes a Dodge Ram dually quad-cab that hit me on the freeway in Texas...smashed up each person's grill and one lady that wan in a Kia mini-van got her radiator completely smashed.

You can sort of see them in this picture

My only concern now would be if a Dodge Ram hit me again...they would hit the spare tire and definitely jack up my Rancho bumper/tire carrier...I guess that wouldn't be all that bad because maybe I'd be able to replace it with something a little fancier.

I'll always have those hooks in there...dual purpose

Last edited by Nick08JKUX; 09-14-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default We were hit

By a Taurus, it was totaled sitting in the intersection. Our Jeep (03 TJ) started back up and except for both airbags deploying and the front right caliber a little bent it was fine. IMO, the insurance company totaled it though. And that is how I got my 07 JK.

Quick Reply: Almost!!!!