Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

All girls a little lift : )

Old 02-18-2012, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks WRE. Good to know!!! Hmmmm. Now you've got me thinking... :-)
Old 02-18-2012, 04:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Yea paint those side steps! I would use flat black spray paint so when you scrape them up it is an easy fix.
Your before and after pics ... the Jeep looks great!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks McPuck. I will definitely take pics. I've never done anything like this before, so it should be an adventure! I hope it goes well, because I am really wanting to paint my grill black too. The steps will be my training ground.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jeeps looks good!!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by J33PGRL
jgerhard: I hope I don't regret the 35s for this is my DD also. I seem to have lost 2mpg from what I can tell so far (just a few days). But I expected at least that. Not bad for a lift and 35" tires. I just hope they last me a while. From what I've heard the MTZs can last about 40k miles if you rotate regularly and dont' abuse them. If that's the case, I'll consider them "worth it."
You won't have any regrets on the tire size. I bought 33s for my last JK and ended up getting 35s less than a year later. You will lose a little mileage going to a bigger tire, but until you get a programmer to correct the tire size, mpg calculations will be a little off. Good choice on the tires, when I was looking for tires for my current jeep, it came down to MTZs and Trail Grapplers. It was a tough decision, but I ended up with the grapplers.

Also, if you're going to bedline your grill, take a look at Dupli-Color in an aerosol can. Some bedliner paint has a really rough finish and others end up with a little too much shine. I've used Dupli-color and it has a matte black color with a not too rough finish. But there are a several write-ups from people bedlining their grills with different brands, so a search should turn up a few of them.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Denny, I used the Duplicolor bedliner today on my chrome steps. I got one completed and now I just have to let it cure and then see how it holds up. I cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. So I really hope this works, because it looks AWESOME! I will definitely be doing my grill soon. I've been circling my jeep wondering... what else would look cool bedlined.

Quick Reply: All girls a little lift : )