Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(

Old 05-01-2008, 02:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey sorry to hear about your crash mate, I had one in mine I clipped a daihatsu feroza of all cars, if it is any constellation when mine was getting repaired I spoke to my insurer and instead of replacing the parts with factory bumpers etc I got them to agree for me to pay the difference for something aftermarket in effect I got an aev bumper for under half price, perhaps you maybe able to get some aftermarket gear as a replacement for yours. good luck anyway
Old 05-01-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
ugh... Karma is a bitch.
Originally Posted by Gravel Gertie
I am so sorry to hear about your accident but am very glad everyone is ok. Karma was mentioned, maybe the fact that everyone is ok is a touch of Karma.
atomicmecha: Just curious, because I didn't see anyone else pick up on it, except for Gravel Gertie... why did you say karma's a b1tch? Did you do something bad that you felt you had payback coming for? Or, were you talking about the other person's karma? Just curious (and probably putting way too much thought into it).
Old 05-05-2008, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
atomicmecha: Just curious, because I didn't see anyone else pick up on it, except for Gravel Gertie... why did you say karma's a b1tch? Did you do something bad that you felt you had payback coming for? Or, were you talking about the other person's karma? Just curious (and probably putting way too much thought into it).

oh, no, its just a reference that everytime something bad happens to me, something even better will follow it. its been like that all my life. considering my other truck, my s10 blazer, just left me walking after spilling the contents of the radiator all over the road, i'm really due for something good. both my trucks breaking down to where i can't drive them within a week of each other... someone is out to get me. wonder if the good thing that is to follow is me passing my CCNA test and getting a much better job. that'd be awesome.

anyway... the insurance company called and lucky me, the body shop i picked happened to be like parterned in someway with the company so it makes it all very convient. the guy said they are going to give me 2 new doors, new b-piller, and a new rock slider and repaint the whole side. after thats done, they'll put it up on a lift, give it an alignment and reset the rear axle and such then check it to see if its bent and all. and if so, replace what ever needs be wiether it be the shaft, or the whole housing. also i'm getting 2 new wheels out of the deal. keeping my origional tires, they'll just swap them over. so they are going to fix everything and i should have it back in a week or so. so i'm happy about that...
Old 05-05-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Glad to hear you are ok!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
oh, no, its just a reference that everytime something bad happens to me, something even better will follow it. its been like that all my life. considering my other truck, my s10 blazer, just left me walking after spilling the contents of the radiator all over the road, i'm really due for something good. both my trucks breaking down to where i can't drive them within a week of each other... someone is out to get me. wonder if the good thing that is to follow is me passing my CCNA test and getting a much better job. that'd be awesome.

anyway... the insurance company called and lucky me, the body shop i picked happened to be like parterned in someway with the company so it makes it all very convient. the guy said they are going to give me 2 new doors, new b-piller, and a new rock slider and repaint the whole side. after thats done, they'll put it up on a lift, give it an alignment and reset the rear axle and such then check it to see if its bent and all. and if so, replace what ever needs be wiether it be the shaft, or the whole housing. also i'm getting 2 new wheels out of the deal. keeping my origional tires, they'll just swap them over. so they are going to fix everything and i should have it back in a week or so. so i'm happy about that...

That's good news. Does this shop, in conjunction with the insurance company, gurantee their work? Most will give a pretty good (sometimes lifetime) gurantee. Are they using Mopar parts. The better, since your Jeep is new.

Glad to hear it's working out!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

well.... should be getting my jeep back at the end of next week... if i'm lucky. for now, i'll keep enjoying my little rent-a-car. they gave me a chevy cobalt. its not all fancy or anything, but its free and gets 30mpg. but i just can't get over the feeling of driving something thats so much lower to the ground. just look at it compared to my s10... and to think, the jeep is bigger then my s10.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

100 bucks!! LOL..

if you got hit by a minivan that got "totaled "in the collision,,,prepare to have some nice pain in your neck preety soon,,,

that sucks,,usually the pain does not start til a few days after or months .

get yourself a good lawyer man.

i rear ended a minivan,,"my fault" but was going only like 25 miles p/hour it was nothing ,,just by winch bumper screwed up the vans tail gate real bad..

she magaed to settle for 27 thousand for personal injuries ,,"that I didnt think she had " and took 2.5 years to get it but at the end she got it,,, offcourse plus the repar of the van wish they did rightaway.

Last edited by luisjg; 05-10-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the JK is impressing me more and more
i hope u will be fine
here in ontario canada
you don't get a check unless right off
damages are paid to the shop for the work

I had minor work done to my little neon and i called in the accident to police the driver was like thats not over 1000$ damage i'm leaving i did have his info and DL# waited for police to show and figured it was safer not to sit on side of freeway and drove to police station 30kms up the road.
they filed a report and he was sent 2 tickets leaving the scene and improper lane change never went to courts so he must have paid them. his insurance also paid for all damages
all said an done it was 1600$ for a front bumper fascia and a passenger side
fender, side marker light and after market fog light kit.

Labour adds up fast for another 200$ they would have painted my entire car.
i declined

when i got it back the paint (black was allnew looking and what not i "aged" it by running a snow brush over it washing it with a sponge with baking soda on it to tame down the shine... then 2 weeks later traded it in for a mini van.

wrote that mini van off running in to a back of a improperly stopped moving truck parked on the side of the road at 50mph that I didn't see cause the sun was blinding me and he had no markers out, tore the entire passenger side of the van off

took that pay out and that was a big chunk of my down payment on my JK

went to court for the moving truck thing and charges against me were dropped
and it was to late to seek charges on the moving truck operator for improper stop/ parking / impeding traffic.
it does exist and it can pay off

good luck
Old 05-23-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Thumbs up its back!

woot! Got my jeep back... after almost 4 weeks. It looks awesome. They matched the paint perfectly, and you can't even tell where they replaced anything. They even buffed the paint some so now there are hardly any scratches at all from all my off roading.

A few slight hisses. One, they put my spare on the ground which I made them swap back out before I left. My spare has never been on the ground. I want to keep it that way. That way when I get new tires, I can still sell it as a "brand new tire". Also, they didn't fix the rear end. It still squeaks like a mouse.

So I got it for the weekend (thank god) (and thank god its going to be upper 80's and no rain, that means no top and no doors ). Tuesday it goes back in to the shop near my house instead of the one 20 miles away. And they will see what they can do about it. It’ll probably be covered under the accident since that same shop rebuilt the rear axle before and it was fine till the accident. Even if its not, I got warranty.

I’m so happy to have my jeep back!!! I’m going to waffle house tonight to celebrate!

And it’s so weird to drive that little cobalt for 4 weeks and get used to driving on the ground then drive a lifted jeep... felt like I was ride'n high...
Old 05-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey congorats

if i buffed mine the shiney spot would look out of place.

Quick Reply: Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(