Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(

Old 04-30-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well... allstate (the insurance of the woman who hit me) has finally got all their ducks in a row and have determined that it was their clients fault and that my jeep will be fixed at the body shop of my choice. they are also giving me $100 because i had a small pain in my side from when the seatbelt tighten down, like it was suppose to in a collision. its not much, but i'll think of something to spend it on. should've told them i had a big red spot for a day and my side still hurts and that i hit my head and got a bump and whiplash .

anyway... so now i've got to wait for the adjuster to come look at it and write the estamate up. i am going to do my damist to be there when he/she is there. because i'm sure they'll cut corners and be like "only one rock slider needs replaceing, thats $1000" but if they come in pairs, they'll bill for 2 and that's going to cause a problem. i'm not sure if they are going to do an estimate, cut me a check and then its optional what i do... or will they just say "fix it, send us the bill". another reason i want to be there is cause they'll say just the one part needs repainting and i'm going to make them repaint the whole jeep. color match it. so just incase they are just going to cut me a check, i want to be there with the shop manager so that they have the right prices for all the parts and can give me a check for the correct amount.

so i'll have my jeep back in about 2-3 weeks... maybe 4 if the rear axle needs to be replaced.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It does suck, i hope you get it all done.

and done right.

Screw the Jeep, Glad your ok.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also glad to hear you're doing ok. I've been in a few wrecks in my day, some my fault and some not. I doubt you'll be able to get them to repaint the whole jeep, but they should repaint whatever sections are affected and it should definitely match. Just make sure its gone over very finely for problems and get it all fixed.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like i said they will do an estimate and cut you a check, or if you dont ask

they will cut the check to the repair shop and they will buy all the parts

if it were me, id get the check, and tell the repair shop to fix only things that need fixing

no need to buy new rubicon rails, use the money in the quote for rubicon rails and buy aftermarket stuff

similiarly if you get bent control arms, im sure 2 bent factory control arms are more expensive the a set of 4 from someone like Currie or Clayton's and in the end you get better aftermarket products
Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
well... allstate (the insurance of the woman who hit me) has finally got all their ducks in a row and have determined that it was their clients fault and that my jeep will be fixed at the body shop of my choice. they are also giving me $100 because i had a small pain in my side from when the seatbelt tighten down, ......
Pardon the suggestion from a noob, but have you seen a Dr.? I know it wasn't a huge hit, but the 100 bucks they're sliding you will almost certainly come with some sort of release from liability that they'll want you to sign. Would suck if a month later you end up having an injury from this you didn't at first realize. It's freaky but it happens...
Old 04-30-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by VA-Matt
Pardon the suggestion from a noob, but have you seen a Dr.? I know it wasn't a huge hit, but the 100 bucks they're sliding you will almost certainly come with some sort of release from liability that they'll want you to sign. Would suck if a month later you end up having an injury from this you didn't at first realize. It's freaky but it happens...
Thats probably a really good idea
Old 04-30-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by VA-Matt
X3: I was in an accident years ago where I didn't even know I was hurt until a couple days after it happened... make sure that you're reserving the right to go after them in case you suddenly (and legitimately) end up with a bad back or neck.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Alex:

Feel free to Pm me, I can send you some info/advice that I wouldn't want to post publicly!

Or call my cell.

Tyler
Old 04-30-2008, 10:20 PM
JK Super Freak

I am so sorry to hear about your accident but am very glad everyone is ok. Karma was mentioned, maybe the fact that everyone is ok is a touch of Karma. Chalk another one up for the wonderful Jeep. It did it's job and saved you during an accident. I've been in 2 accidents while in Jeeps. Both times the Jeeps were rear-ended. The first accident was in my Son's Jeep, we were hit by a pick up truck from behind. Both vehicles were totaled but we all walked away without injury. The second was in our previously owned Jeep, again hit from behind by a Cavalier. The car was totaled, our Jeep only needed a few repairs, nothing big. Again we all came out of it without injury. Jeeps are #1 in my book! My Son refers back to the first accident by saying, "My Jeep threw itself in front of a truck to save my life!" That pretty much sums it up.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:30 AM
JK Jedi

That sucks but at least everyone is ok. The damage doesn't look too bad, but that can be deceiving.

Quick Reply: Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(