Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(

Old 04-29-2008, 05:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is Christmas come early, take the money from the insurance company

put in a new rear end, get some Purejeep rockers, and get the doors fixed, call it a day

i bet after all that you are still left with dough in your pocket
Old 04-29-2008, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepik
this is Christmas come early, take the money from the insurance company

put in a new rear end, get some Purejeep rockers, and get the doors fixed, call it a day

i bet after all that you are still left with dough in your pocket

heh... i'm not as good with this as some of you folks are. this is the first acciedent i've been in. so i'm almost clueless as to what to say or do? so help me out folks.

my insurance is geico and they are on my side right now since i was considered "traffic" which she was suppose to yield to when exiting the parking lot. so gieco is going after her insurance and making them pay for my damages.

the guy at the dealer that i've always dealt with when its getting work done told me to tell them that the scratches on the paint, the loose/broken front fender and cracked window are a result of the acciedent. and get it all repaired under this.

i highly doubt its totaled, but if it is, i've been told that i should take the money, buy it back as salvage and then use whats left to repair/upgrade. but i don't think its totaled. probably only like 2-3K in damages (that are visable).

so how would i get new rock sliders or any other upgrades out of this? like how would i convince them to put 35's on it due to the one tire being replaced?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I just saw this..

Sorry that happened to you and glad you're ok.

I think the karma part was you talking about selling it the other day.
With any luck you'll end up in a better situation after this.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Jedi

Dude....sorry to hear about your JK getting T-boned!!! At least you are okay! Did you have Side impact air bags on your JK??? If so sounds like they did not go off.

I am glad the chick is at fault. When they repair the damage make sure the autobody shop measures the frame to ensure it's still within factory specs. Don't let them use cheaper parts....ensure they only use OEM parts. Also, try extremely hard to get them to paint the entire jeep and just state you want all the panels to color match perfectly.

Make sure that rim is not bent either....but looks like a good chunk of metal was taken out near the lip anyways. Also, with that impact make sure that your roof panels don't leak as your doors did get damaged and with that force may have messed up the panels and seals.

Don't take any crap from the insurance company or autobody shop. It's your JK and make sure it's the way you want it and it's not missing anything before you sign the final paper work!

Side note......If your Jeep is written off, ensure they are giving you the best price sometimes they will low ball, go online or find autotrader's or dealers that are selling a simliar jeep and bring copies to your insurance adjustor as I know I have gotten the adjustor to come up a few grand, also include your aftermarket receipts as they should include these as well!!!

Good luck...Again glad you are okay!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

glad your ok, it's just a material thing, can be replaced or fixed.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
heh... i'm not as good with this as some of you folks are. this is the first acciedent i've been in. so i'm almost clueless as to what to say or do? so help me out folks.

my insurance is geico and they are on my side right now since i was considered "traffic" which she was suppose to yield to when exiting the parking lot. so gieco is going after her insurance and making them pay for my damages.

the guy at the dealer that i've always dealt with when its getting work done told me to tell them that the scratches on the paint, the loose/broken front fender and cracked window are a result of the acciedent. and get it all repaired under this.

i highly doubt its totaled, but if it is, i've been told that i should take the money, buy it back as salvage and then use whats left to repair/upgrade. but i don't think its totaled. probably only like 2-3K in damages (that are visable).

so how would i get new rock sliders or any other upgrades out of this? like how would i convince them to put 35's on it due to the one tire being replaced?
The deal with accidents is typically they won't just take it and do the work. I've dealt with Geico before and this what happens.

An adjuster comes and looks at it, they write an estimate and submit it. You will get a check in the mail for the estimate. You have the option of taking it to whatever shop you want to do the repairs. If the estimate at your shop of choice is over what Geico gives you, you're going to have to do some fighting.

In other words. You will get the cost of the vehicle repairs and that money is yours to do with as you please. Nobody cares if you fix your vehicle or buy sliders and 35's, you've been reimbursed for the damages. You'll probably get some where around 7-10k for the damages.

In the case that it is totalled I would buy it back but I wouldn't bother reusing it. It'll have an R title and that just doesn't sit well with me, not to mention any good resale value just went down the tubes. I would part it out and take the money from that on top of what's left from the insurance company and buy whatever else you may want to get. Chances are good you'll come out on top. Parting a Rubi will go quick as well.

Hopefully that is not the case and you can get a good deal on the repairs, things go quickly, and have some extra pocket change left over for a few goodies. Good luck man, I hope everything goes smoothly. It did when I dealt with Geico.

Last edited by riverzendz; 04-29-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
i

Well, for one, as far as the sliders go, Rubicon rails aren't cheap from the dealer and you probably can't get just one side, so insurance will have to fork out for the pair. Instead of buying another set, you use the money and buy a set of something else, simple.

I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you guys were ok. That sounds like most of the drivers that I see around here. Ask that lady if she's from GA.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Glad to hear that everyone is ok. Hope everything turns well for you.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

bring it to the shop of your choice BEFORE Geico takes a look at it. That way their adjuster looks at it with your body guy there pulling it apart for a more accurate estimate.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

that sucks. I'm glad you are ok.

Quick Reply: Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(