Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(

Old 04-28-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VERY SORRY ... HOPE THE REPAIR GOES GOOD..
Old 04-28-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear, but glad everyone is ok. Good luck on the insurance, hope every thing goes your way to fix everything.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

man glad your ok ......

now you just need to chime in on every on who swears the rubi rails are weak lol

hope she gets fixed soon man
Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alex I'm glad you're ok, but I'm sorry to hear that the Rubi got hit.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you're ok man
Old 04-28-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

doh, That bites. Release a little air from that tire if your looking for new ones. I'm very impressed with the lack of damage but like stated before there could be damage unknown. Crawl under and take a good look at that frame to make sure it's not bent. Are you hoping they total it? Once they take pictures I think you have to let the mods go with it if they do.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

That sucks! However, you are ok, the Jeep will be back together! My advice, get yourself an attorney, she is obviously "AT Fault". There are certain words that insurance companies hate, the best being...."Deminished" Value of the vehicle. Simply stated, a vehicle that has obviously been in an accident (i.e. paint and repair) is worth less then the same vehicle that hasn't been in an accident, and her being at fault, she owes you what that value is!

Also, do yourself a favor and make sure they price out every item fairly. Heck if one guys 1/2 doors can cost $7k, I'm sure there is room in there for some nice rock sliders and some new tires!

The dana 44 replacement is a couple of grand alone, also check out that suspension, might be time for some adjustable control arms!

Who is her insurance company?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
yeah i did just save a bird and a turtle... but all my life... something bad would happen and then something even better would happen to make up for it... its a wierd curse i guess. so now... something really good is about to happen... maybe i'll get some nice rock sliders and a new set of tires of it. i can wish right?
Man! That sucks but you seem to have a good attitude about it. Keep it up. Glad everyone was ok. Thats the main thing and who knows, maybe you will get a few mods out of it. Good luck.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

Aww that sucks, glad you're ok. Don't let her ins co mess with you. I was cruising down a 4 lane hwy and some guy on a side st ran a stop sign to make a left turn in front of me, I swerved and he bounced off the passenger side, knocking of the front and rear flares and creasing the door. Police gave him a ticket. His insurance co, said "I was supposed to slow at all intersections" , even tho I had no light or stop sign. I laughed and said you are crazy, I sicced my ins co on them and next thing you know I had a check in hand. Insurance companies, yours and theirs, will do anything not to pay.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
yeah i did just save a bird and a turtle... but all my life... something bad would happen and then something even better would happen to make up for it... its a wierd curse i guess. so now... something really good is about to happen... maybe i'll get some nice rock sliders and a new set of tires of it. i can wish right?
Maybe an upgraded axle too

Quick Reply: Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(