Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(

Old 04-28-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No your right it doesnt look bad but its the hidden damage that causes the major problems.
Maybe time to get it fixed and think about a trade...
Old 04-28-2008, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about that but am glad you're ok.

My blue 4-door was rearended less than a week after I got it. Must be something about blue 4-doors...

Luckily, the car hit the tow receiver mount. It poked a hole in his bumper and hood but didn't do ANYTHING to mine. Woo hoo!

I hope yours is an easy fix.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ yes thats mulch and sticks stuck under the bead of the tire. i'm suprised its still on the rim and holding air. i do think its slowly loosing air. the guy at the dealer said that i should leave it till the insurance people come look at it because its a kind of "evidence" and they don't want to mess with it.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

absolutely,,,dont mess with a thing until the other insurance company looks at...
dont give them a chance to squeeze out of anything...
Old 04-28-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Good luck man. Hopefully things get taken care of quickly.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

thanks all. the first thing i was worried about was a) not hitting her in the side. cause i was on the main road, she was coming out of a parking lot and was going left so she was coming at a 90 degree angle to me. i hit the brakes and the ESP started doing its thing and i saw that there was no way i could stop in time and i didn't want to hit her head on cause it would've been my bumper and engine vs her drivers door. thats not good. so i saw an opening and tried to swing around her but we kissed. and cause i was already curving around, i lost what little grip i had and around my ass went up in to the median and dirt. the guy right behind me almost hit her as well. once the dust sealted i was more worried that she was ok then the jeep. she got out and was fine. i was expecting to turn back to me jeep and see the whole side caved in or something after seeing how i ripped the front of her van off. but then i was like... wait... wher'd she hit me???

the cops showed up and per county rules, if one or more of the vehicles can't drive away, they have to file a report. the cop that got my info started walking around my jeep and then looked at me, and was like "Where did she hit you?" i pointed to the impact spot and he just stood there looking back and forth between it and her van, then looked at me was like "damn, i didn't think a jeep was that tuff. thats impressive"
Old 04-28-2008, 03:55 PM
JK Junkie

Ouch! Bummer...
Old 04-28-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ yeah i gues they have their crumple zones.. but glad everyone's alright...didn't you just recently save a turtle and bird? and for that karma you get in an accident? that sucks but like people have said jeeps and minivans...can be replaced but a replacement jeep just isn't the same...
Old 04-28-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Junkie

dude that sux!!!!! sorry!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

yeah i did just save a bird and a turtle... but all my life... something bad would happen and then something even better would happen to make up for it... its a wierd curse i guess. so now... something really good is about to happen... maybe i'll get some nice rock sliders and a new set of tires of it. i can wish right?

Quick Reply: Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(