Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(

Old 04-28-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(

ugh... Karma is a bitch. i was on my way home, decided that hey, its monday, i can get a large pizza from Jerry's for $5 and it'll be my dinner. But then i remembered that i already have a bunch of left overs and shouldn't waste food. so i had already passed my turn to go home and took the next street to get home. and BAM! i got T-boned at an intersection by a woman in a dodge mini van. she spun me around and i went ~10 feet sideways and my rear tire slamed into the curb and and i stopped inchs from a tree.

just got off the phone with my insurance after getting home and i am going to go back outside to look again at my jeep. i was able to drive away, but the van was totaled. i can honestly say that if it had not been a rubicon, i would've been much worse off. the rock sliders saved me. i do believe i bent my rear axle because it has a bad squeak and a "rumble" to it. plus i think i busted the rear tire on the curb.

more details and pictures to come. gotta go talk to the dealer.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch that sucks, sorry to hear it, but at least everyone was ok!! Nice to hear a jeep won a fight too...I get sick of hearing everyone tell me how unsafe they are and how stupid it is to drive one with kids
Old 04-28-2008, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

WOW that sux
Old 04-28-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey sorry to hear that atomicmecha. bummer....van was totaled, you drove away and
are ok....that is the main thing. machines can be fixed.... hope everything turns out ok
for you......take care
Old 04-28-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Man...glad you are ok. Thats awful. Keep us posted on what happens.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey OlegFl change your pants will ya....your stinkin the place up!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
ugh... Karma is a bitch. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................
. i do believe i bent my rear axle because it has a bad squeak and a "rumble" to it. plus i think i busted the rear tire on the curb.

more details and pictures to come. gotta go talk to the dealer.

That sux man...Glad everyone's ok...the other folks were ok too, right?

BUT.
on the bright side.

Dynatrac ProRock 60 Axles

chuck
Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, so far so good. the police report and my insurance are both on my side saying its not my fault. so now the other insurance company is going to come out and look at the jeep and see whats what. so i gotta deal with that tomorrow.

i got some pictures, and it doesn't look bad but the body shop at my dealer who took a quick look at it already told me both doors will need to either be replaced or bumped back out, the rock slider will be replaced and the entire lower section above the rocker pannal will need to be replace. and they won't know with out putting it on the lift and checking it, but they think i bent my rear axle and will need a new one. its one of these bends that you can't see normally, but it will affect the bearings and such. also i will need one new wheel and maybe a tire.

ugh... all this cause i wanted a pizza...

like i said, the pictures don't look bad, but believe me, the jeep does not drive the same. something tells me it may never drive the same again...

Old 04-28-2008, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

That sucks man. Sorry about the jeep.

Originally Posted by Deviant
Ouch that sucks, sorry to hear it, but at least everyone was ok!! Nice to hear a jeep won a fight too...I get sick of hearing everyone tell me how unsafe they are and how stupid it is to drive one with kids
You should tell those people that if thats how they feel, then according to them, nobody should be driving a compact car with kids or any car made before all the new safety features (smart airbags, esp, etc).
Old 04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Junkie

aww man that sucks!! At least nobody got hurt though. Good luck with the insurance company, push to make sure everything gets replaced and not repaired

Quick Reply: Ah Hell... My Jeep got smashed up!!! :(