Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Aftermarket paint?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket paint?

Has anyone painted there JK a different color other than stock? Maybe an off-color or something totally different. Vinyl wraps, whole-vehicle plasti-dips? I've seen a lot of CJ's, YJ's and TJ's sporting an aftermarket paint job but any JK's?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about plasti-dipping my jeep in a matte white for a temporary difference.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen a couple pics of full Line-X paint jobs and some other flat black paint jobs. There are a few pink ones too. Not sure if pink was an option or not.
Here's a plasti-dip like product going on a VW https://vimeo.com/51555491

check out dipyourcar.com
Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Here you go my friend... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...-black-248402/
Old 11-08-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepchief
Has anyone painted there JK a different color other than stock? Maybe an off-color or something totally different. Vinyl wraps, whole-vehicle plasti-dips? I've seen a lot of CJ's, YJ's and TJ's sporting an aftermarket paint job but any JK's?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about plasti-dipping my jeep in a matte white for a temporary difference.
Glad someone else has began to wonder about this... I posted a thread a while back and got no answers. My question was concerning the rear tub and peeling. I wanted a professionals opinion on wether or not it's recommended to drill the welds to paint the tub and then re-weld and paint the upper lip. I hope people start chiming in, as I would love to see cool paint jobs.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Incase anyone cares to chime in, this is the lip I'm talking about and my concern is - after removing the soft top many times, will aftermarket start to peel? (owners of custom paint, ur experiences would also be appreciated)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1529746512.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	386832  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evilgenius
I've seen a couple pics of full Line-X paint jobs and some other flat black paint jobs. There are a few pink ones too. Not sure if pink was an option or not.
Here's a plasti-dip like product going on a VW https://vimeo.com/51555491

check out dipyourcar.com
I try to keep the pictures of pink ones away from my gf...she says "they are soo cute"

I'm actually a member on dipyourcar.com. see a lot of sporty cars on there but no JK's. I've also seen some camo wrapped jeeps. matte/flat black and the rhino lined jeeps. just seeing if there was anything else out there.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aB²
That's sick!! I really dig the matte look. I guess I was looking more for off-colors or colors that aren't available from the factory. I
Old 11-10-2012, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Also on dipyourcar. I think im going to invest in a spray gun and try the neon orange.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Check out "cool paint treatment" thread

I have my Jillys set up different than most but I posted a link to a cool paint treatment I found online

Quick Reply: Aftermarket paint?