Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AEV's and 305-70-17 mtr's

Old 02-27-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPOCKETS
X2, if you dismount the drivers side tires and swap them with the pass. side tires they will still be the same direction only the white lettering will be facing inside. Of course you will have to dismount tires from the wheels and have them remounted and balanced.

I disagree! This is the same size tire I'm looking at getting. I have talked to two different tire companies and you can only run this size with the white letters out. My understanding is this, the tire basically has four rows of tread the one that lookes like an all terrain tread will always be the in row three. Or second from the back of the tire. You cannot flip this size tire to the passenger side without changing this location. That is why Goodyears web site indicates OWL or BSW. You can purchase the 35's with either black/white sidewalls. If you could just "flip them" why would they put the time and money into two different styles!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIG JOHN
I disagree! This is the same size tire I'm looking at getting. I have talked to two different tire companies and you can only run this size with the white letters out. My understanding is this, the tire basically has four rows of tread the one that lookes like an all terrain tread will always be the in row three. Or second from the back of the tire. You cannot flip this size tire to the passenger side without changing this location. That is why Goodyears web site indicates OWL or BSW. You can purchase the 35's with either black/white sidewalls. If you could just "flip them" why would they put the time and money into two different styles!
I stand corrected! I looked back at the tire and I see what you mean about the tread pattern in the third row. I guess I learned something new today.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went back to Goodyear, and they said they can't flip them. They said"Not designed that way and Insurance reason". Whatever!!!!
I made such a stink when they 1st put them on, I thought they should flip for free.
Maybe try the tire black OR Yellow to match nascar tires. hehe
and the yellow in the AEV rims. never know maybe a 1st.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you had to re-gear with 34's?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sixgun
I did not order the white letter, but that's how the came in. I was itching so bad to get the tires, I said "Screw It".
it looks awesome, but yea just like black out the letters with some marker or touch up paint
Old 02-19-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

I agree that these tires are directional and that it is NOT as easy as running the driver's side tires (letters out) on the passenger side (with the letters in). Yes, this would work, BUT how then would you rotate your tires from side to side?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default blue letters

you can buy paint pens specifically for painting the white lettering. wonder hoe that would look.

Quick Reply: AEV's and 305-70-17 mtr's