Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AEV Snorkel Installed!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes that is what i ended up doing was buying a dremel and some cutting discs... i am very unfamilar with dremels but i just bought cutting discs and used them. the wore out quickly and i spent more time changing them than cutting but in the end it worked out.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV snorkel

A word of advice with this install.

Find some rubber pieces to go behind the metal brackets that attach the snorkel to your jeep. If you do not, you will find paint chips and abrasions where the brackets were. I learned the hard way when I took my snorkel off to wax my Jeep. You would think AEV would've included that with the kit. Hell, my cheap Rugged Ridge light mounts came with protective rubber attached to avoid metal on metal contact.

The snorkel does work great though, as well as the prefilter. It catches a sh$tload of dirt.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice. I can't wait to get one of those.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

So, it looks like it re-uses the stock air box. Does the kit tell you to seal up the drain holes on the bottom of the air box? Are there any provisions for putting the breather tubes into the snorkle?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
So, it looks like it re-uses the stock air box. Does the kit tell you to seal up the drain holes on the bottom of the air box? Are there any provisions for putting the breather tubes into the snorkle?
yes you seal the bottom holes with silicone.
the snorkel snaps in where the factory snorkel used to be (it simply snaps out) then you silicone that up too. it snaps in very tight though. the breather tube that comes from the valve cover stays put where it was... i would recomment putting a hose clamp on it though.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:49 AM
JK Jedi

Nice job, looks great!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

This snorkel has proved to be quite the attention getter. Just tonight a kid asked me if that was my jeep and said that it was sexy and that he and his friends "lost it" when they saw the jeep especially the snorkel a few days ago i walked out of the post office to find an older gentleman looking at it. as i walked up he said "i was just checking out your breather system" and "that's quite a jeep you got there."

lets just say im pretty vain and love getting these compliments lol

Quick Reply: AEV Snorkel Installed!