Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AEV Nth Degree Lift Before & After

Old 04-05-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick p
Looks great! Very interested in your thoughts as I have the 3.5" kit on order for my 2dr. Very few options for the RHD and like you the road manners are very important. I hope I don't get quite that much lift on front but I do have their winch bumper on order too.

Nick
I saw that they just recently released the 2 door version. Unless you like a soft suspension, I think you'll be very happy. Did you get the premium kit with the HD stabilizer? If not, you can always add it later...

AEV pretty much says that they expect aftermarket front and rear bumpers and a winch. I knew I'd get a little more on the front and Dave at AEV tech support said that I really don't need to be concerned about the drive shaft.

I'm sure you'll get a little drop on the front when you install the AEV bumper.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ben Hedrick
Very nice looking! Perfect setup!!! Would you happen to have the measurments of the distance from the bottom outside edge of your front fenders to the ground?
Stock:
Lift:
Lift w/ tires:

?

Thanks, Ben
Oh yes... I'm VERY anal.

Here they are. I measured from the lower outer edge of the fenders, in the center, straight up from the wheel hub.

BEFORE:

Front fender center = 35.75
Rear fender center = 36.50

----------------------------
AFTER (stock tires):

Front fender center = 40.50
Rear fender center = 39.75

----------------------------
AFTER (35 inch tires):

Front fender center = 41.75
Rear fender center = 41.00 (41.25 with soft top)

All of my measurements were taken with 3/4 - 7/8 tank of gas and hard top (except where noted on the last rear measurement).
Old 04-05-2009, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NCWTS66
Let us know how this kit works out... Ive been looking at the other kits but since ive talked to Kent and Jim at AEV im going to go for this one in a few weeks.. Did you replace the front driveshaft or the gears? Thanks and good luck.. Also what is the measurements at the fender flares you got after the lift. AGAIN LOOKS GREAT
I haven't been offroad yet with this lift but possibly this weekend.

I did not replace the front drive shaft. Dave at AEV said that it's really not necessary with the 3.5 lift. Now, I don't have a heavy front bumper and I did get significantly more lift than advertised in the front. I believe they say that it's still not necessary, but I might just give a quick call again to make sure (or order a new bumper so I don't have to worry about it ).

I still have the stock 4.10 gears and driving around town is fine. I do notice it a bit on the highways though. Overdrive isn't as useful as before. The auto shifts a lot up hills. I did use the ProCal module to reprogram for larger tires and that seemed to help a little. I guess I'll be looking at 4.88s or 5:13s sometime in the future.

Also, I just replied to Ben with all the measurements.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by m(a)ce
looking uber good!

congratulations!

how are the 35 Toyo's on the 4.10/auto combo? Just curious bc I know they are a sick tire but a little weighty. Feel the need to regear?
Thanks! I was worried about the weight before I bought them, but I decided to go for it since everyone seems to love their performance and I love how they look. I honestly don't notice much of a difference around town. I reprogrammed for 35 inch tires with the ProCal module.

On the highway, yes I'm feeling the need to regear at some point, only because overdrive is sort of useless. Also, I tow light loads here and there. I think I'll eventually get quite annoyed with the current 4.10s. If somebody was just cruising the highway with no load/passengers, they would probably see no need to upgrade though.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks very nice!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beauty.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Great looking Jeep
Old 04-06-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

One other thought for the few of you who mentioned that you were planning on getting this kit...

The cam bolts for the front lower control arms do see to work pretty well, but I was only able to get 4 degrees caster out of them instead of the recommended 5-6 degrees. My problem was apparently a manufacturing issue on the Jeep. On the right side, I could easily get 5+ degrees, but on the left it maxed out at 3.9 degrees. My tire shop had to set the right side at 4 degrees because of the limitation.

The Jeep is still very drivable, but I do get some wandering on wavy or uneven roads. I'm no expert but I believe this is something the additional caster would help with. I guess I'll look at adjustable arms some time in the future.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice jeep!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ManRig
I saw that they just recently released the 2 door version. Unless you like a soft suspension, I think you'll be very happy. Did you get the premium kit with the HD stabilizer? If not, you can always add it later...

AEV pretty much says that they expect aftermarket front and rear bumpers and a winch. I knew I'd get a little more on the front and Dave at AEV tech support said that I really don't need to be concerned about the drive shaft.

I'm sure you'll get a little drop on the front when you install the AEV bumper.
Thanks for the reply.

Yep I ordered the premium kit with the high steer and stabiliser. I'm thinking of ordering a pair of terrafex front lower adjustable flex arms rather than use the cam bolts. Do you have any measurements for the Bilstein shocks, open & closed, curious to their travel potential.

Nick

Quick Reply: AEV Nth Degree Lift Before & After