Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AEV NEW rear bumper

Old 04-26-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highoctane
I think it would look good with a tube type front bumper, like the Rugged Ridge, but it does not go well with the AEV front bumper.
Hmm... I was desperate for AEV to release the bumper and put it on my Jeep before it ships to the UK as I am a huge AEV fan. As it happens they weren't able to so I had the Expedition One fitted instead. I was happy I had when I saw AEV's rear effort in Moab as also I don't think the rear is a great match with AEV's front bumper. The water container is gimmicky to me and the design too fussy. How much is it anyway?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

The price and production date are still closely guarded secrets. On the AEV forum this this is asked over and over again but never answered.

It's funny because people also keep asking for pictures directly from the back, they are always taken a little to the side. This is because they do not want you to see that the tire is a little to the side and not in the middle.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya I can see that little water tank getting lost or stolen or even smashed in a really good roll or something.....wonder how much they want for a replacement.

I personally dont like the looks of it either, but Ive seen worse.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CT Rubi
It's funny because people also keep asking for pictures directly from the back, they are always taken a little to the side. This is because they do not want you to see that the tire is a little to the side and not in the middle.
They have been more than honest letting people know that it is offset, even though they come offset from the factory to help reduce the stress on the hinges. It will also be adjustable so you could center it if desired.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I wasn't hugely impressed but it is growing on me... just can't believe how much people seem to be bashing what is a very well known and comendable company. If you don't like it, don't run it. Funny how everyone is an expert on how a bumper should look or function but not one of you is building any fuggin bumpers... geez
Old 04-28-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
I wasn't hugely impressed but it is growing on me... just can't believe how much people seem to be bashing what is a very well known and comendable company. If you don't like it, don't run it. Funny how everyone is an expert on how a bumper should look or function but not one of you is building any fuggin bumpers... geez
Never claimed to be an expert, I just know what I want in a bumper… somehow a big water bottle is not exactly at top of the list. If you look at my signature you will see that I am an AEV fan, that doesn't mean that I have to like everything they produce.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

considering I didn't call you out personally I'd say there is a reason you thought I did
Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

You seemed to be a little confused by peoples response in general so thought I would help to enlighten you.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CT Rubi
You seemed to be a little confused by peoples response in general so thought I would help to enlighten you.
ah the grasshopper has confused himself with the master
Old 04-28-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I personally like it but I know its going to be expensive so I wont be buying it and I dont think it really matches the design of the front bumper. It would look good on my jeep I think though.

Quick Reply: AEV NEW rear bumper