Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AEV Heat Reduction Hood installed

Old 06-22-2010, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEV Heat Reduction Hood installed

We had a pretty bad hail storm last month that resulted in some pretty nasty damage to my Jeep.

They could do some paintless dent removal for the windshield frame and side body panels, but the hood and cowl were a total loss. The body shop had to paint a hood and didn't care where it came from so they allowed me to pay the parts cost difference between an OEM hood Vs. the AEV and installed that instead. It looks a little goofy sitting there with stock wheels/tires and that nice hood, but I figured it was a good opportunity since my insurance was picking up 2/3 of the bill. I also think I am going to remove the grills, bead blast them, and repaint them black.

Also have to note......HOLY CRAP this thing is heavy. It feels like it is made out of cast iron compared to the thin sheet OEM hood. Its a shame Jeep didn't put any contours into the factory hood. I think it gives it a much better look.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Looks great. Now start saving up for the build to begin.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:24 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

I do prefer the look of the OEM hood. I guess I'm weird, because I also think the stock fenders look better than any after-market offerings. Having said that, let me admit that hail has taken out TWO of my stock hoods. Maybe it's time for me to relent and go for the AEV if it can survive this hail any better.

First time ...

Second time ...
Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love the AEV hood. I have some hail damage on my hood, but didn't claim it. I'd love to have that done as well.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Jedi

Default Re: AEV Heat Reduction Hood installed

Nice Hood man!

Sent from my Droid
Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I do prefer the look of the OEM hood. I guess I'm weird, because I also think the stock fenders look better than any after-market offerings. Having said that, let me admit that hail has taken out TWO of my stock hoods. Maybe it's time for me to relent and go for the AEV if it can survive this hail any better.

First time ...

Second time ...
Looks like you may have a garage right there in front of that beautiful JEEP. That might keep you from yet a third hood....
Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just curious, what was the price difference between stock and AEV? i would think a stock hood would be just as much as AEV if not more?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Wow, that is one damn nice hood! Looks great!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

I think thats a great looking hood are the perforated 'strips' on the cowl and sides functional - do they allow more air into engine?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

hood looks great

Quick Reply: AEV Heat Reduction Hood installed