Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AEV 3.5" w/ 315/75/16 Toyo M/T

Old 02-01-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J 3 3 P
noob question

Tony are those 35's?
According to Toyo yes, they list it at 34.9.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

Sweet JK...Silver w/ black wheels looks great!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks great. Love the tires and the lod bumper
Old 02-02-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tony,
I've been looking at the same type kit. Did you get the "premium kit" or the regular one? How much did it set you back, including installation. And did you have just a regular body shop install it, or did you do it yourself? There's a dealer in my area with a deal on the Rusty's 3.25" lift/suspension, for a hell of alot less, and I'm trying to compare the two. Any word from AEV on the "wandering?" Thanks!

Vedo
Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 AM
JK Junkie

Did you have it aligned? What is your castor at?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kntr
Did you have it aligned? What is your castor at?

Yes. My caster was at 4.2 but the steering was to flighty, so I adjusted it to 5.0 and now 6.0. The JKS control arms make it easy to adjust you just take it off on the axle end, spin to where you want it then use a floor jack to line up the holes.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vedo13
Tony,
I've been looking at the same type kit. Did you get the "premium kit" or the regular one? How much did it set you back, including installation. And did you have just a regular body shop install it, or did you do it yourself? There's a dealer in my area with a deal on the Rusty's 3.25" lift/suspension, for a hell of alot less, and I'm trying to compare the two. Any word from AEV on the "wandering?" Thanks!

Vedo
I installed the premium kit with help from a friend. I did not talk to AEV yet. I still need to make adjustments to my caster and tire psi.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

Tony:
which control arms did you replace?
What type of servicing do the JKS arms require? They appear to have OEM rubber bushings but there's a zerk fitting on the arm.
I've thought of going this exact route... I'm very impressed with AEV's stuff. How difficult was the installation?

Thanks,

Rob

Last edited by Ubermoose; 02-04-2009 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-04-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ubermoose
Tony:
which control arms did you replace?
What type of servicing do the JKS arms require? They appear to have OEM rubber bushings but there's a zerk fitting on the arm.
I've thought of going this exact route... I'm very impressed with AEV's stuff. How difficult was the installation?

Thanks,

Rob
I went with the lower control arms. As for service just use some marine style grease, not sure how often I would think after every oil change. The install was not to bad with help. If you go with control arms you need to go to the dealer and buy 2 21mm nuts. One is for the drag link (torque to 65 lb) and the other is for the rear track bar. I also had to buy a OEM front track bar bolt and nut because the one that came with the lift stripped. AEV sent a replacement the day I called but the OEM one fit though the bracket better.
Another note is that I noticed that the front axle has shifted 1/2 more to the driver side. I'm going to order the JKS track bar and give AEV a call about it. I thought I could just use the stock track bar with the bracket. So far I'm happy with it. I did not get a chance to take it off road yet but it rides nice on the road.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:34 AM
JK Jedi

Looks great, love the bumper!

Quick Reply: AEV 3.5" w/ 315/75/16 Toyo M/T