Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AEV 2.5" Lift, Pintlers, and Durtracs Installed

Old 03-07-2013, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nbjeep
My wife was dead set on Commando until she walked up to the Billet. If was game over at that point. Nothing I could say was going to change her mind. Haha
It was my first choice but I let her think she decided. Shhhh. Don't tell her...
Did you keep the 4.10 gears or did you change them? How does it run on 35's power wise since you switched? I'm trying to gauge what gears I should go to if I decide it needs them. Also, have you noticed any sort of rake with your lift or is it level?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PFearon

Did you keep the 4.10 gears or did you change them? How does it run on 35's power wise since you switched? I'm trying to gauge what gears I should go to if I decide it needs them. Also, have you noticed any sort of rake with your lift or is it level?
No need to regear. The 4.10s are perfect. I never feel like I wish I had more power. I hop on the hiway and accelerate right up to 80 and it'll cruise there without even trying and plenty of passing power from there. The rubicon should come from the factory with 4.10s and 35s
I did use a Procal to adjust the tire size so the speedo is dead on and the trans is shifting right where it should.
The lift did have a slight rake after install. Its 3/4" short in the front, actually 3/4"tall in the rear. Ive waited a couple months to see if anything was going to change but if hasn't. I'm switching out to a full size spare this weekend so ill see if a little more weight in the back will help and I have a set of 3/4" spacers that will go in the front which won't hurt my feelings either.
Hope that helps!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nbjeep
I've gauged the DD via my wife. When we got this one she loved how it drove stock but wanted it lifted cuz she likes sitting up a little higher so all she said was "I love how this one drives. Don't screw it up!" Our '08 had a 2.5" lift that she wasnt crazy about how it rode and my TJ has a 5.5" long arm lift on 35s. She drives it and its kind of loose so she knows what she did NOT want. She loves the way this drives now. She likes it better than stock. She says it feels firm and predictable in the corners and rock solid the rest of the time. It's now her DD during the week and she has started this "flip ya for shotgun" on the weekends thing. I myself love how it rides and every time I drive it I look at 'ol Red sittin there and wonder how much longer ill keep it.
Bottom line, it's s great DD setup!
Thanks for the help! I have been looking into doing this eventually, not sure when though.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JJKJ
I'm new to Jeeps, so still in that steep learning curve. I did a lot of reading and research after buying our 2013 Sahara a few weeks ago. To keep it usable for daily use, I kept the lift and tire size conservative.

Lift is AEV 2.5" Dual Sport. Went on great. I'm not completely new to Jeep lifts as I helped my brother-in-law install lifts on two of his JK's. This lift install was very smooth. Typical headache with the right front shock install, but otherwise no real problems. I also installed the control arm brackets.

I love the Pintlers. I know there are tons of pics out there but they look even better in person. The offset is perfect as I was looking to have the tire right at the edge of the fender.

Rides and drives very close to stock. You can hear the Duratracs very slightly at speed, but hardly noticeable. I have these on my truck so I knew what to expect, and I'm just as impressed with them on the Jeep.

Sorry, only garage pics for now, didn't get it all done until after dark last night. Here's the pics:

Before:

After:

Hey man that looks amazing this is exactly what i want to do on my 2012 sahara could you post more pics of it in the day time post as many as possibly if you could would love to see more!!!! thanks man
Old 05-29-2013, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default How high is the running board?

Can you mention how many inches from the ground to the running board/step?

Thanks

Paul

Quick Reply: AEV 2.5" Lift, Pintlers, and Durtracs Installed