Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Advice of flat fenders: Xenon vs Bushwacker

Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice of flat fenders: Xenon vs Bushwacker

I took my Jeep out today fully weighed down with two people in the front seats, 3 adults and 2 kids in the back seats. Needless to say, I was rubbing quite a bit with my stock suspension and 33's... so much, that I pulled a few pins out of the fenders.

Guess it's time for an upgrade...

So, what's your preference? Xenon or Bushwacker?

I'm leaning towards Bushwacker right now because I like the textured look and I've found some good prices online + $50 rebate.

Also, if anyone has pictures of flat fenders with stock suspension, I'd like to see them so I can get an idea of how it would look and how much gap to expect.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:42 PM
JK Newbie

Before pulling the trigger on fenders, consider your wheeling areas/style. If there's tight quarters and fender rub - just trim your stock flares. It won't look as good, but doesn't take much effort and is free. You're out of pocket for a good chunk of mod monies for something as style-centric as flatties.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:04 AM
jdk
JK Freak

X2 on brownimus post, i have Xenon's and like em, but if you lay your jeep over they will cause body damage. If you just trim the stock and lay it over you are less likely to have body damage and the stock finders are easy to find on the fourm if you want to replace them.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:23 AM
JK Freak

I went with bushwackers BC from what I could tell they did a better job of hiding any exposed metal under the fenders. I went with non metal fenders thinking they would break before any body damage occurred from contact with them. Last weekend wheeling I made minor contact with a dirt wall and while the fenders still look new they left a slight dent in the sheet metal where they mount. My wheeling buddy has stock cut fenders, and his just flexed down a bit and popped right back into place.
The bushwackers have a more finished look then cut fenders, but if you do any wheeling I would cut the stock and save the money for other mods.

Quick Reply: Advice of flat fenders: Xenon vs Bushwacker