Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Advice on '12 JKU lift please

Old 05-04-2012, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on '12 JKU lift please

Been a member lurker here for awhile....
Love the wealth of info and atmosphere!
I lurked due to the fact that my wife was the main driver, owner, and virtual captain of her 2011 mall crawler JKU. She was a beautiful rig (the JK, and the wife...) the 2011 is gone... The wife stayed
More on this below. Haha
Nothing wrong with her jeep, but she built it, she accessorized it, and she drove it... Too much chrome for my taste, but she IS from Wisconsin, so I choose to forgive her for that!

I have just taken delivery of my 2012 JKU Sahara on Wednesday.
Black w Black (non body color) hard top.
6 speed knuckle shaker
430n radio
Connectivity group
3.73 gears
Limited slip
And the Saddle leather guts.

She is a BEAUTY!

My wife traded her 2011 JKU for a 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland and I couldn't live without a Wrangler, so I ordered it my way and now she has arrived!

I did keep the soft top off my wife's mall crawler so I have that going for me

First mod was a set of Dropstar DS42's in black with Nitto Trail Grapplers in 295 70 18's.
Could have left the front plastic skid shield on with minor trimming as I have zero rubbing without it. Took it off for a few days till this arrives...
MOPAR P5156116 - MOPAR® Performance 2" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks for 2012 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

This will be installed as soon as it arrives!
My question is this...
Anyone have any experience with this lift?
I'm wondering if there is anything else I should order to make this install go as smooth as possible. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Some minor background...
I have worked at a CJDR dealer for the last 8 years. I just left my old place and took a position at my new dealership.
I've modded many jeeps at the old place, with the guidance and assistance of a great tech who was very knowledgeable.
I too have experience as a tech, but that was many years ago.
I migrated to the dark side 12 years ago and have been in sales management/director positions since.
So I know my way around a car (but am much better with GM Auto transmissions than lifting jeeps).

I am trying to start a mod program at my current new home, but I want to do it right.

Just so happens my personal interests align with this work goal so I, or more accurately my new baby has become the guinea pig

And to head the trolls off at the pass... Yes I realize this lift is overpriced, and yes I would have gone with the AEV or TF 2.5 lift, but again, i work there so pricing is attractive.

Please let me know your thoughts and offer guidance if possible.

This is my daily driver and my weekend toy for some fun modest offroading with my kids on the trails near me.
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-2012, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

Bumping for the morning crew
Old 05-05-2012, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think most people would recommend that you skip the cam bolts and use adjustable control arms for caster correction.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Any recommendation on the control arms? Are they necessary with only a 2" lift?
Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cpl_Punishment
Any recommendation on the control arms? Are they necessary with only a 2" lift?
No they are not

Go with the AEV or the Rough Country control arm relocation brackets.....99$

Mine drives like a dream with a 2.5" teraflex lift

Quick Reply: Advice on '12 JKU lift please