Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Added an Oooga horn

Old 03-16-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Added an Oooga horn

Just for fun. My dad had one on his CJ-7. I bought it at the local auto parts store for $30, got some wire, an in-line fuse and some battery connectors. Hooked it all up in about two hours.

I'll take pics of the complete install later, I ran out of light again. But here's what I did with the button... I bought a "starter" button instead of the "horn" button because the horn button was huge!!! All you really need is something to inturrupt the signal. I fed the wires through the clutch boot since I have an auto.

I didn't need the ciggy lighter since I had the power outlet, so I removed it. I kept the ring bezel and installed the button where the ciggy lighter was...

Here's a video loop from youtube. (I only honked it once because it was getting late and I didn't want to disturb the neighbors. So I looped it 3 times, you get the idea.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20kd1KBEcBw

Sounds better in person. I was driving by a bunch of highschool girls doing a car wash and a bunch of kids selling Girl Scout cookies and honked it a few times, they thought it was fun.

And most improtantly my wife likes it.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
JK Super Freak

That is great! We have a friend who installed the horn on his car and blew it every time we saw him. It is so funny to hear. Have you ever compared the looks of a JK to a model A Ford? They are very similar. In my opinion the horn suits the JK. It's a blast from the past!

Old 03-16-2009, 10:20 PM
JK Junkie

I'm just glad the install went as easy as it did... my wife wasn't too sure about it, and ever man that is married knows, if the wife ain't happy, YOU aren't happy.

I'm also glad the button fit in the cigarette lighter as well as it did. That was causing me some grief too, trying to find a good location for the button that wasn't all ghetto. I was going to put it under the steering wheel on the plastic panel, but it would have been akward to press it while driving.

Over all I'm glad it installed as well as it did.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:27 AM
JK Jedi

That's great, lol.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah, my dad's sounded different too... but this was the only one I could find without resorting to eBay.

When it comes to aftermarket auto parts like headlights and horns on ebay, you have to sort through all the garbage to find anything.

Quick Reply: Added an Oooga horn