Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

added mbrp light/grill guard with rough country bumper caps!

Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default added mbrp light/grill guard with rough country bumper caps!

love how it came out. just need to shine my bumper up to make a closer match to the caps...sorry for the cell pic, all i had at the time.

now i just have to choose some lights to throw on there
Old 07-16-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good.... maybe some bedliner on the bumper
Old 07-16-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by highergr0und
Looks good.... maybe some bedliner on the bumper
i though about doing that, but all the trouble ive had with it on my grill and chipping off/fading i didnt really want to have to deal with that on my bumper also..i'll figure something out though..i've already had to respray my grille 3 times since november to keep it looking decent..
Old 07-18-2010, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the RC caps and have been thinking about going with the MBRP light bar, but I have a question. I read somewhere that it's impossible to take the grille off if you have to change a headlight. How easy or hard is it to get the grille off with this light bar on or do you have to take the light bar off first? Thoughts anyone??
Old 07-18-2010, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ben1284
i though about doing that, but all the trouble ive had with it on my grill and chipping off/fading i didnt really want to have to deal with that on my bumper also..i'll figure something out though..i've already had to respray my grille 3 times since november to keep it looking decent..
Not sure exactly where to get it, but, back in 94, my dad and I used a paint normally used for wood burning stoves. We sprayed my Sahara's tube bumpers and nerf bars. It worked great for the next two years that I owned it. I bet you can get it at any hardware store.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default easy

Originally Posted by petenice15
I have the RC caps and have been thinking about going with the MBRP light bar, but I have a question. I read somewhere that it's impossible to take the grille off if you have to change a headlight. How easy or hard is it to get the grille off with this light bar on or do you have to take the light bar off first? Thoughts anyone??
easy all you do is loosen the bolts that hold the bar to the frame underneath and the bar slides forward to get the grill out
Old 07-18-2010, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TDJK
easy all you do is loosen the bolts that hold the bar to the frame underneath and the bar slides forward to get the grill out
Thanks for the input.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks great I was thinking if getting those end caps
Old 07-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Cool idea. Looks good, yet is fairly simple. Thanks for posting. Can you still run your hi-lift jack or is it too wide for your bumper now?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ben1284
love how it came out. just need to shine my bumper up to make a closer match to the caps...sorry for the cell pic, all i had at the time.

now i just have to choose some lights to throw on there

Man that looks great. I just bought a 2010 Black 2 door and was thinking about doing the exact same thing. Are the caps just made of a different kind of plastic or something? This is my first post btw....Hello everybody!

Quick Reply: added mbrp light/grill guard with rough country bumper caps!