Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Added 10th Anniv. Rear bumper and AEV tire carrier

Old 12-23-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it plastic or metal?
Old 12-24-2013, 06:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Halas
Is it plastic or metal?
Its steel. The only plastic is the end caps where it meets the fender flares...and the two recessed sections where it says Jeep and where it meets the tire carrier.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr. Satan
My 315/70 17 Duratrac will not fit with my stock bumper and carrier. Is the 10a rear bumper cut out deep enough to fit a 34-35" tire on the stock carrier? That 10a bumper looks great.
My brother and I having both installed 33 tires lately, I can confirm that my 10A rear bumper is cut down lower than my bro's stock sahara bumper. I'd say close to 2 inches lower.

Upon verification, it looks more like 1inch lower.

Last edited by Da10A; 01-02-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am thinking about putting this tire carrier on my JKURX. Will I have to remove my bumper (I have the same bumper as the op) to install the tire carrier?
Old 01-02-2014, 06:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
I am thinking about putting this tire carrier on my JKURX. Will I have to remove my bumper (I have the same bumper as the op) to install the tire carrier?
Yes... you need to remove the bumper to install the tire carrier mount. Not that big of a deal... i think 8 bolts total. Then re-install the bumper once the frame Mount is installed for the tire carrier. Last step is to install the actual swing arm through the pre-drilled hole the 10a bumper.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
Yes... you need to remove the bumper to install the tire carrier mount. Not that big of a deal... i think 8 bolts total. Then re-install the bumper once the frame Mount is installed for the tire carrier. Last step is to install the actual swing arm through the pre-drilled hole the 10a bumper.
Does anything else needs to be moved out of the way to remove the bumper? I will have (just ordered my Jeep) the max tow package so I'm not sure about how that bolts up.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
Does anything else needs to be moved out of the way to remove the bumper? I will have (just ordered my Jeep) the max tow package so I'm not sure about how that bolts up.
The hitch shares the 4 bolts used by the bumper... so when you unbolt those 4 the hitch may drop out...so watch your head!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

I'm slightly disappointed that they wouldn't have designed (or redesigned) the carrier so that the tire sits in the groove for the bumper. It's a great looking bumper, no doubt.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karls
I'm slightly disappointed that they wouldn't have designed (or redesigned) the carrier so that the tire sits in the groove for the bumper. It's a great looking bumper, no doubt.
the carrier is designed to better distribute the added weight of larger tires and the larger tire you put on it (I have 37's) the more centered the tire will appear. It's designed like that intentionally
Old 01-03-2014, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jknit
the carrier is designed to better distribute the added weight of larger tires and the larger tire you put on it (I have 37's) the more centered the tire will appear. It's designed like that intentionally
I really like the fact that this carrier is designed to perfectly fit my 10A bumper, and I most likely will get it at one point. However, I too dislike the fact that for one, it holds the tire more to the right than center, and it is too high from the bumper.

I realise that if it was centered and lower, a 37 inch tire would block the rear door handle and hardly clear the bumper, but they shohld have 2 versions, one for 33-35 inch tire, and one for 37 -40????

Even smarter, would be to have the thing designed to be centered, and have an adjustable mounting plate that could be moved sideways and up and down to accomodate different size tires and equipment.

Envoyé depuis mon MB860 avec Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Added 10th Anniv. Rear bumper and AEV tire carrier