Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

50" light bar or a-pillar dual mount with rigid?

Old 12-29-2015, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate
Old 12-29-2015, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 50" single row and it drives me nuts with the soft top on. It does put out a nice blanket of light no doubt - but if I was to do it again, I would do a set of hyper spots on the pillar and a 10" driving pattern on the bumper (fair lead mount)

Rain, fog, snow, dust - all play hell on the light bar above the windshield. Bad glare
Old 12-30-2015, 04:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sea bass
I have a 50" single row and it drives me nuts with the soft top on. It does put out a nice blanket of light no doubt - but if I was to do it again, I would do a set of hyper spots on the pillar and a 10" driving pattern on the bumper (fair lead mount) Rain, fog, snow, dust - all play hell on the light bar above the windshield. Bad glare
Thanks for the comments. I don't have a winch and don't want to put light on the bumper because getting rusty and full of crap in Canadian winter. What do you think about a set of Hyperspot on a-pillar (like you would do) plus a set of D2 Driving (also a-pillar). Should I put regular Flood instead of the Driving?
Old 12-30-2015, 08:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephane87
Thanks for the comments. I don't have a winch and don't want to put light on the bumper because getting rusty and full of crap in Canadian winter. What do you think about a set of Hyperspot on a-pillar (like you would do) plus a set of D2 Driving (also a-pillar). Should I put regular Flood instead of the Driving?

I have all my lights on the front bumper, and live in a much crappier place for winter than yourself. I have no issues at all....its much better to have them down there. Now, I have to touch up my MBRP bar, but that's after 4 years and almost 200,000 of Newfoundland salt blast. If you use my setup you will 1. have a great lighting setup, for not a lot of money, 2. Have no issue with rust as my lights are polycarbonate and there fore do not rust!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
I have a 50" single row and it drives me nuts with the soft top on. It does put out a nice blanket of light no doubt - but if I was to do it again, I would do a set of hyper spots on the pillar and a 10" driving pattern on the bumper (fair lead mount)

Rain, fog, snow, dust - all play hell on the light bar above the windshield. Bad glare
Never thought that a LED bar above the windshield would produce glare. I have mine mounted on the hood and I have zero glare. Took a while to get used to something on the hood but now I don't really notice it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3234.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	633191  
Old 12-30-2015, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I use my 52" rarely. But when I do it's more valuable than my A-pillar light by a long shot. But it all comes down to personal preference and application. Get what you think you need. "It's your money, spend it went you want to" lol. I've been following this conversation, and it definitely is entertaining.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by durffjk
I use my 52" rarely. But when I do it's more valuable than my A-pillar light by a long shot. But it all comes down to personal preference and application. Get what you think you need. "It's your money, spend it went you want to" lol. I've been following this conversation, and it definitely is entertaining.
It's nice when you ask jeepers with experience to give there opinion and then you get; "Get what you think you need. It's your money, spend it went you want to"...

That one helped a lot LOL...
Old 12-31-2015, 03:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Totally! Ultimately he is right, but I give my personal experience with extensive night time driving under my belt. But it IS your money! ha ha.

I love my lights as they toss light 1000m down the road, and do not saturate the forground with a big blob of light like LED bars do.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Here's a look at a pair of Rigid D2 driving lights on the bumper and a pair of hyperspots on the a-pillars. It's a nice short and long range option.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00512.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	633201  
Old 12-31-2015, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RAMbone
Here's a look at a pair of Rigid D2 driving lights on the bumper and a pair of hyperspots on the a-pillars. It's a nice short and long range option.
I sent you a PM...

Quick Reply: 50" light bar or a-pillar dual mount with rigid?