Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

5% tint

Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5% tint

Any soft top 4 doors running tint this dark? Id like to see some pics if possible. I am debating either 5 or 15% and then I'm going to buy some best top rears that I think are tinted at 30%, but I am thinking that I will get tired of having darker windows in the front than the rear. I'd like to keep them all around the same. I wish there was a darker solution for the rears rather than getting a hard top with real windows. I emailed best top to see if they can make me some customs a little bit darker. I tried to do it myself with the static cling stuff but that wasn't happening.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is 32% the the factory soft top! IMO don't go any darker because it's a pain in the ass to see when you are off road! Especially at night! Years ago, I had 5% on another 4x4! Removed it with in three weeks!
Old 01-31-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Here's 15%

Its a pretty good match for the factory tinted rear windows.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Be careful about how dark you go. Here in AZ window tint can't be darker than 33% on the front windows. No restrictions for the rear windows.

I had very dark tint before on my 2002 Honda Civic. I found it almost unsafe at night like the other person posted above.

Dont forget that the soft top windows are going to get scratched, add on top of that the darkness of the tint it would be impossible to see outside. Not really a good thing when wheeling-you need to know where everyone is.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am thinking of doing this to my freedom top.

Does anyone have any idea what the factory % is on the rubicon ?

Thanks Brian
Old 01-31-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

I had 5% on my rear window of my old car, an Acura RSX...let me just say that is damn dark. I equate it pretty much to limo tint. Unless you were right on top of my car you couldn't see inside at all. Even then, it was a struggle. It looked awesome.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

I am thinking of doing this to my freedom top.

Does anyone have any idea what the factory % is on the rubicon ?

Thanks Brian

factory tint is 20%. I have done another layer of 20% over factory tint, I wouldn't go any darker, pretty much blacked out, but not as bad to see out as 5%.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the pics and tips guys. I got a message back from besttop saying that their tinted replacement windows are 31%. Im going to call the dealer and see how dark they can go.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

i got 20% one side windows.. and 40% on front windshield

Quick Reply: 5% tint