Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

4WS JK Hemi Conversion Headers Problem

Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WS JK Hemi Conversion Headers Problem

I have 6.1L JK and orderd the conversion headers from 4WS. After the installation I notice that the driveshaft is touching the headers which is big surprise. So I tried to do modification to the driver side headers by cutting the pipe and change the angle but same problem. Finaly I call them to inform about my problem and they said I should change the front driveshaft with custom shaft. But they say in the websit that No modification required to engine, transmission, suspension, frame, or any thing else.
Because of that I requested them for a new driver side headers which is damaged from driveshaft touching. They inform me that I have to buy a new set which is unfare.
http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/72939
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	23112008097.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	15874   Click image for larger version

Name:	23112008095.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	15875   Click image for larger version

Name:	23112008099.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	15876   Click image for larger version

Name:	jkheaderlh.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	15877   Click image for larger version

Name:	23112008100.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	15878  

Last edited by dxbali; 11-24-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 11-24-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they should have listed that a DS was required. However, I think I would have contacted them prior to hacking it up. I wonder if they would have accepted it as a return if you had notified them prior to the changes? They should.

IMO at this point it is not their responsibility to replace it. If they were a good company they might go out of their way to help you out but I don't think it should be a given. If they were a good company, they would have listed that a new drive shaft was required also.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

I don't care what they say, for $900 i would make them replace that crap.

Its right there on the website:

No modification required to engine, transmission, suspension, frame, or any thing else.
Don't talk on a phone with them or over email. Send them a certified letter explaining the problem, and request a free replacement. A certified letter has more power in court than a phone call or email, they cant say "we didn't say that" cause whatever they reply with will be proof.

Don't surrender, fight to the end.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

I wish I had a hemi
Old 11-28-2008, 01:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2 - I only wish I had your problem!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZoSo-Green
X2 - I only wish I had your problem!
I was just about to buy these headers. did they get it fixed for you?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

We have not used after market headers because they will get extremely hot. how come you chose not to go with the SRT8 headers that come with the motor? They work great, and have a heat shield, not to mention they do not rub on the drive shaft. It is a good idea to change your shafts when going with a 6.1, you will need to after maybe 3000 miles or so anyway, the joints will fail, but changing the shafts might not solve your problem, they pretty much run in the same spot/diameter. Get a hammer and bang the crap out of them until you have clearance, hows that for advice.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

This thread is really old, but don't they make some sort of Shorty header for a 6.1? It's such a popular engine to mod with all the SRT8 models out there I figured they'd have something like that? I mean if you insist on not using the factory manifolds, I'd think a shorty type header would be ideal and then magicians like Camp and the guys at SLC could just bend the pipe coming off them any old way they want to avoid contact with the driveshaft.

Quick Reply: 4WS JK Hemi Conversion Headers Problem