Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

4dr JK, RE3 3.5, Fox Shocks

Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4dr JK, RE3 3.5, Fox Shocks

Hi All

I've installed the RE 3.5 SuperFlex ShortArm kit, with Fox shocks. The problem is that the shocks limit the traval. Can anyone please tell me :

1. Which Fox models (front and rear) should be installed for this kit ?
2. In general, should the shocks limit the travel ?

Thx
Nir.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

In general I believe that your shocks should be the limit of your down travel yes. But defiantly not your up travel. Your bump stops should limit your up travel, as you do not want to bottom out a shock. However I believe for jumping like in desert racing you also want limiting straps as that full droop so quickly is hard on your shocks. Others will chime in either to confirm or add some info I am sure.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bobbyspaghetti
In general I believe that your shocks should be the limit of your down travel yes. But defiantly not your up travel. Your bump stops should limit your up travel, as you do not want to bottom out a shock. However I believe for jumping like in desert racing you also want limiting straps as that full droop so quickly is hard on your shocks. Others will chime in either to confirm or add some info I am sure.
go with what said here. he is 100% right
Old 04-20-2012, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default done

Originally Posted by overkilljk
go with what said here. he is 100% right
Thanks guys, the shop will replace the shocks with longer ones (4-6") which will be limited to closing by Bump Stops, and open by Straps.

Thx again,

Nir.

Quick Reply: 4dr JK, RE3 3.5, Fox Shocks