Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

4BT cummings in a JK

Old 11-19-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where do we find a 4bt anyway? what kind of truck?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by guybergeron
where do we find a 4bt anyway? what kind of truck?
Old frito lay type trucks. Usually at auctions
They come with the full truck or u can pick up just an engine at a place like dieselenginetrader dot com. I've seen them there.
Most reliable engine on the market.
Just stay away from the 4bta.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D0ppleganger
Old frito lay type trucks. Usually at auctions
They come with the full truck or u can pick up just an engine at a place like dieselenginetrader dot com. I've seen them there.
Most reliable engine on the market.
Just stay away from the 4bta.
What is the 4bta motor??
Old 11-21-2010, 03:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKAdam
I remember reading somewhere that it's been done. They put the same engine in the 05-06 liberty crd.
The Liberty had the VM Motori 2.8L 4 cyl mated to the 545 automatic. basically a great setup that had 400 lb feet of torque. Naturally the US emissions messed with the motor but the two we had were great little jeeps but they were only for regular sized people and got to be a pain. They realy were like the old CJ5 with lots of bling.

The Liberty Diesel would be a good conversion into the JK as the ecm would be a direct plug in and everything would still work.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marauderer

The Liberty had the VM Motori 2.8L 4 cyl mated to the 545 automatic. basically a great setup that had 400 lb feet of torque. Naturally the US emissions messed with the motor but the two we had were great little jeeps but they were only for regular sized people and got to be a pain. They realy were like the old CJ5 with lots of bling.

The Liberty Diesel would be a good conversion into the JK as the ecm would be a direct plug in and everything would still work.
I'd love to do this for my jeep jk!!!!! I have found a refurbished motor I just need to figure out the other nit picky things id have to do
Old 02-01-2012, 03:03 AM
JK Newbie

This subject continues to be kicked around. You can buy a complete CRD Liberty for under $5K if you look hard enough. That would give you everything you would need to make the conversion.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

It is so sad how much this engine takes away from everything else.... When I hit the lottery it will not be an issue anymore
Old 02-05-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

so i HVAE FINALLY MADE A DESICION WEATHER OR NOT TO SUPERCHARGE MY JEEP OR SWAP FOR A DIESEL AND THE WINNER IS DIESEL!!!! THE REASONS BEING THAT DIESEL RUNS MORE EFFICIENTLY THAN THE GAS ENGINE AND THE MAIN REASON IS FOR MPG
I DRIVE ALOT I HAD MY JEEP JK SINCE AUGUST 2011 AND IT HAD 11K ON IT IT WAS USED AND NOW IT HAS....29,000 MILES ON IT!!!!!!!!!! NOW TO FIND SOME SHOP PROVIDING THAT I HAVE A 4BT MOTOR WOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE SWAP!!!!

Originally Posted by T3KN1NJ4
It is so sad how much this engine takes away from everything else.... When I hit the lottery it will not be an issue anymore

Quick Reply: 4BT cummings in a JK