Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

4 inch and 37's done!

Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want to post a picture of the actual prototype because it's rought compared to the finished product. I believe the one I have was cut with a plasma torch, where as the production version is cut with by water jet - so the production model is going to have the same functionality and look much better.

I promise I will take some pictures to show how nice and close the tire sits against the tailgate, and I will leave it up to Bulldog Fab to post pictures of the actual tire carrier itself.

I'm sure he will have something soon!

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
Ok...looks good: but since sooooooo many have asked about it- LETS SEE SOME PICS OF THIS PROTOTYPE CARRIER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2008, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Camp Crocker - I took your suggestion and it worked great. Zip tied it to the tire carrier behind the wheel and your right it lights up nice and bright! I will find a better way to mount it to the tire carrier than zip ties but for now it works great.

Bulldog Fab has run this prototype tire carrier with the same 37" wheels tires (I bought them from him!) for 6k miles, rock crawling, washboard roads, street and he had no problem with tailgate damage or creaking. I think the way the weight is spread out where it bolts to the tailgate helps a lot.

I plan on getting a tire carrier/bumper down the road, but it moved down a notch on my priority as I think this solution will work for a while with no problems.

Thanks again for the 3rd light behind the tire suggestion - works great at a $0 cost.

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Dude, put the brake light back where it was, and it will light up your whole rim when you puch it, really nice, just trim it down and make if fit in the wheel well, really cool at night, your rim is the new brake light, and be careful, thats a really big tire and rim to bolt to your tailgate, but it will work for a while, then creak
Old 07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes they are his old wheels and tires He gave me a great deal on them and he moved up to 40's I believe. He's a maniac...

Originally Posted by WV99XJ
Looks nice. Those look like Mitchell's old wheels.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Templar- just thought I'd let you know when you are ready to re-gear you might want to go see Joe at Absolute Offroad in Phoenix. I just got my silver Sahara done w/ 5.13s and its much more tolerable on the freeway etc. Im running 2500 w/ 35 grapplers at 70 mph. No more turning off the O/D on the freeway. It was less than some other quotes as well and they have found out how to eliminate the gear howl some have experienced with Superior gears.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Lookin good
Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

sweeeeet

Quick Reply: 4 inch and 37's done!