Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

4" Full Traction Long Arm Kit Install

Old 07-05-2008, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it, makes me want to start over with a new lift...
That doesnt sound too bad as I think about it hahaha
Old 07-05-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default Problems with a Full Tration Long Arm

So after installing the 4" Long Arm drove beautifully!! Took it to Moab, had ablast second day out got some squeaking in the pivot links. And it got worse and worse, took it to the place that installed it and they told me it just the way a 4" Long Arm will sound. Well I HATE IT!! Going to Call Full Traction on Monday, but has anyone had any issues with their 4" Long Arm???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hell's Gate.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	10596  

Last edited by B1GKountry; 07-05-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by B1GKountry
So after installing the 4" Long Arm drove beautifully!! Took it to Moab, had ablast second day out got some squeaking in the pivot links. And it got worse and worse, took it to the place that installed it and they told me it just the way a 4" Long Arm will sound. Well I HATE IT!! Going to Call Full Traction on Monday, but has anyone had any issues with their 4" Long Arm???
After hitting the trails hard and putting about 5k on it, I had some squeaking, and a couple of clunks. I thought I had banged it a little harder than first thought. Or maybe something was broken.

Took it to Screaming Lizard, they re-torqued and re-greased it.

Problem solved.

I do think there is a degree of settling in that should be anticipated. And rock climbing in hot dusty areas, combined with river crossings and going thru snow is gonna take it's toll.

But it's an easy maintenance issue. I was in the garage bay to see what all he did to check this and that, and hit the Zerks with the goo. I will do this in the future on my own as needed/if needed.

Keep us posted as to what FT says about it. But I think your shop should at least do what mine did to make sure all is well. They shouldn't just blow you off bc "It's a Long Arm"
Old 07-06-2008, 03:17 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by B1GKountry
Nice!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the shop ever grease the zerks after installing the lift? I dont have the long arm, but I have the Ultimate. I am guessing the rod ends are the same, but maybe not.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

B1GKountry I would recommend that you check to see if it is greased and tight. This should be done after the first 500 miles. You should also get into the habit of doing this after each time on the trail. If you still have problems with the squeek please give me a call. 800-255-6464
Old 07-07-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

Patrick,

Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully you got the files okay!

Guys, thanks for replies! I just got my JK back from the shop sounding worse than it was when I dropped it off three days ago! They took the entire suspension off and regreased everything, well so they say. I will have to admit, I put my JK to the test in Moab, hitting 10 different trails in 5 days! It was intense, the JK never let me down squeaks or not!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	KT_JK.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	10654   Click image for larger version

Name:	Entering Hell's Gate.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	10655  
Old 07-07-2008, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

It looks like the rear arms are installed upside down. I don't think that is the problem. Can you give me a call again?
Old 07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Patrick give me a call i nned to catch up with you on some things what do you think about the biuld

Gerry
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

There's also another post on the cage itself but it's part of the same build-up with the long - arm kit so I thought I'd post here as well:

A closer view of the same area:

Corner detail - looks like plenty of strength - just in case.

And here're the shots from this morning:

Zoomed out a bit, showing the front of the installation:

Sport cage center-rear attachment:

Airaid cold air intake and filter, installed:

Last edited by Screamin Lizard Customs; 07-08-2008 at 05:33 AM.

Quick Reply: 4" Full Traction Long Arm Kit Install