Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

3rd row in the JKU is done

Old 01-08-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jhol111964
Looks factory installed. Glad Jeep left room for it to fit, fold, and straddle the storage compartment. Probably difficult getting back there though?
Not to difficult, just have to step on the back of the back seat once it's lowered. For me it was kind of a challenge, but my wife is 5'2" and the kids are small so they don't mind. Of course this is all before my 4" lift and 35"s!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So clean! Definitely added to my build sheet!
I think the only change I'd make would be to use some cool red racing harness lap belts, so that it is "cooler" for the kids to have to sit back there lol Hopefully try to save from a headache.

Last edited by JKid; 01-08-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKid
So clean! Definitely added to my build sheet!
I think the only change I'd make would be to use some cool red racing harness lap belts, so that it is "cooler" for the kids to have to sit back there lol Hopefully try to save from a headache.
I was looking at a more exciting lap belt, but didn't want to get to crazy as this won't be used very often. Some guys are running full 4 point harnessess, not really necessary, but to each his own.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:46 AM
JK Newbie

Excellent job!
You have an OEM look to your work.
I totally sympathize with kid tossing his cookies, I have one with an inner ear problem, when he was little, he broke-in moms new van the second day we had it.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:08 AM
JK Freak

Sweet stuff. I know a guy that the only reason he doesnt have a jeep is lack of seating. (4 kids)

You could market that seat.
Way cool.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Might be cool to put kids in the wayback and lower the middle row seats for more cargo room.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

It has alot of benefits, I mainly did it so that we could use the jeep as a family vehicle until my wifes SUV got here from Hawaii, but now that her car is here, it's going to be so we can all go off road (nothing extreme) but something we can all do as a family.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only problem i can see is that anyone sitting in the rear would not be protected by the sport bar in the event of a rollover. Otherwise, very clean install.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slinky
The only problem i can see is that anyone sitting in the rear would not be protected by the sport bar in the event of a rollover. Otherwise, very clean install.
Yeah, that is a valid concern, and possibly in the future I will add another section to the rollbar to come further back, which will also give me the ability to mount the shoulder belt, but then you will still always have the "rear impact" issue. Seeing how the JKU wasn't made for this type of application, there will always be some kind of issue with this setup, no matter how many you address.

Quick Reply: 3rd row in the JKU is done