Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

3rd Brake Light when Installing new bumper/tire carrier..HELP and pics?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd Brake Light when Installing new bumper/tire carrier..HELP and pics?

What solutions has anyone tried or have on their rig right now to keep a 3rd brake light when installing a new bumper

I got this:

ARB Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

and I am wondering if there is anyway I can use the stock brake light? If you have a good solution please posts pics

Thanks in advance

Jon
Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm running the Teraflex bracket with my Or-Fab carrier. It bolts to the factory holes, is low profile, adjustable up/down and reuses the factory brake light. Not sure if it would work with the ARB carrier tho...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3125379630.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	314199

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1361628897.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	314200
Old 05-07-2012, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

third light is hitch light and if im using trailer then most people are going to pay attention to those. in va the law states::(NOTE: Every vehicle must have a rear lamp showing a red light to the rear, a white light illuminating the rear license plate; vehicles over 7 feet wide or extending 4 inches or more beyond the front fender extremes must be equipped with approved clearance lamps and reflex reflectors. Count load in measuring.)

Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

Custom jobber.......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3418.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	314213   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3415.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	314214   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3406.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	314215  
Old 05-07-2012, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by stormtrooper75
third light is hitch light and if im using trailer then most people are going to pay attention to those. in va the law states::(NOTE: Every vehicle must have a rear lamp showing a red light to the rear, a white light illuminating the rear license plate; vehicles over 7 feet wide or extending 4 inches or more beyond the front fender extremes must be equipped with approved clearance lamps and reflex reflectors. Count load in measuring.)

Right so two brake lights are enough , the purpose of third is to be high up not in the hitch hole , most state laws say if the car that has a third brake light which is not removable then it must work , the jeep third brake is removable so it is not require to have one , I was worried about it at first till I ask every cop I meet and none of them told anything was wrong

One year driving with the big thing behind me and not on stop or anything
Old 05-08-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the replies. As long as I can still use my cb mount I might get one of these options

Quick Reply: 3rd Brake Light when Installing new bumper/tire carrier..HELP and pics?