Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

39.5" Iroks Bad Idea on Rear D44

Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joneszj
He actually has a belly skid that runs all the way across the bottom of the JK, like how the TJs used to use, that the long arms bolted in to. And the belly skid covers up the gas tank skid. This gives you a better idea of what I mean.

And these are the bends int he rear 4 link that allows it to articulate like it does and not make contact.
By the way.... it's a 8" lift on Draken's 2 door JK.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKCliff
Front axle is doing okay... I was on the gas trying to get up an approx. 4' shelf... When gravity fought back the Jeep bounceed back about 2 feet... This initially did not break the rearend. It was not until I tried to go up another at another angle that their was a loud pop sound.
Your first try probably did in fact shock-load some of the compons you lost on the second attempt.

Question: when you dropped backwards two feet on your first attempt, were you still under power when the back end landed on the ground below?
Old 09-29-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Ouch! Will just stick with my 36's for a while. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ARB/Superior shafts/gears are here and being installed. I'm hoping to be driving it this weekend! It's been 4 weeks and I'm jonezing for some Jeepin'

Yes, as I was launh backwards I was on the gas, but trying to let off... It loaded pretty hard. Yes... I understand that is was caused the damage...thanks for the obvious comments...

I am in negotiations for a used full-width Dana 60 front. I will let ya'll know if it materializes....
Old 09-30-2010, 03:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by planman
"Rock humping" a 4" ledge with a 4 door JK would have almost surely had the same result with heavy 36s as with the 40s.

That kind of wheeling fatigues the drivetrain components over time. Eventually, the shock is too much.
Yup. Probly 33's as well for that matter.

JKCLIFF: What part of NM? I'm in El Paso and wheel in the Cruces area from time to time.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:48 PM
JK Freak

Default Update

Okay.... It has been a serious ordeal and a test of my marrital/communication/begging skills...

They got the rear end all put together and it was working great! Unfortunately, there was a noise from the front axle.... The front ring and pinion were trash. Teeth were broken on both the Ring & Pinion. The brass air line inside was sheared off... I was livid... at myself... My wife was/is not happy... I'm married to an Angel!

So far I'm into this for $4k....

Front ARB/Superior 30 Evolution Shafts
Front 4.88 D30 Superior Ring & Pinion
Rear ARB/Superior 35 Evolution Shafts (the local shop could not find these, QUADRATEC had them in stock and shipped same day)....
Rear 4.88 D44 Superior Ring & Pinion
2 Superior Install Kits....
$275 labor....
It's working really good. The 3" shorter tires have not returned any performance (which supports the thought that they are heavier)... And they are the loudest tire I have ever had the displeasure to roll on...

I'm leaving for Moab on Wednesday. I will be wheeling very easy and smooth... No more heavy accelerator until I get the Rockwell's
Old 10-22-2010, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

CJ7nvrstk.... I am in Albuquerque. I'll be down for the Chile Challenge in February. Do you have plans to be there?

Quick Reply: 39.5" Iroks Bad Idea on Rear D44