Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

38"s, Mamba Wheels, & XRC Rear

Old 08-10-2010, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38"s, Mamba Wheels, & XRC Rear

My jeep has been going through some changes in the past couple weeks...decided to do away with the Toyo's and I got a really good offer for them...so I moved on to a somewhat unknown 'Geolander' from Yohohama. I couldn't beat the deal that the tire rep on this forum gave me (lets just say these tires are less than $250 each)....and for a 38x13.5x17 that's pretty good.

I mated up those with the Mamba MR1 wheels...which are kinda like stock knock-off wheels, but have an 8" width, and a much better backspace for lifted jeeps (4.75" measured). I still installed my Spydertrax spacers because I like the wide look...but I could have simply moved my steering stops to take care of the minor rubbing I had. I really like the polished finish of the wheels w/ the grey accents...gives the whole wheel a bit of a 'charcoal' look when the sun isn't directly on them. I left the center caps out because I plan on putting stock 'jeep' logo caps in. I also like how these wheels have a more concave face than the stock 17's....much more reminiscent of the rubicon wheels from the TJ's

I also went with a Smittybilt XRC rear w/ tire carrier. The install was quick and painless. I was really happy with the fit, but for some reason my tire mount is slightly crooked...making the tire only rest against the triangle on one side

Here are some pics:

Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Lookin good man! gotta love mamba wheels. Mine are a mix of chrome and black too. I really like those tires too! and the price.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

those tires look BIG...........must run a true 38 inches???? nice looking combo.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Holy tire batman!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the compliments....

and as for the size of the tires...I measure them at 37 7/8...and I think they're advertised at @37.7 on Yokohoma website

Also, they stand 1.25" taller when mounted, than did my 37x14.5x15 Toyo's mounted

Last edited by blacknblue2002; 08-10-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great! - do you have any other pics of the mambas? They are on my wish list
Old 08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks slammin........My best friend bought the Geolander's the same week I bought my KM2's. I have about 40,000 miles on my set, he has about a little over 30,000. Bad news for him(and hopefully not you), good news for me, is it's not even close. He almost has racing slicks. I still have hard corners on my lugs. Sometimes it's cheaper for a reason. Anyway, sets could vary. Good luck to you. BTW, did I mention your rig is badass.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've heard similar...I know there's a downfall when it comes to treadwear...but at almost 1/2 the cost I couldn't beat it.....plus I do plan on moving to 40"s within 2 years...these geolanders are just stepping stones until I beef up my axles and move up another inch or two in height...at that point I'd be in the market for 40x13.5x17's...which seem to be a popular and readily available 40 size

Originally Posted by JBoy
Looks slammin........My best friend bought the Geolander's the same week I bought my KM2's. I have about 40,000 miles on my set, he has about a little over 30,000. Bad news for him(and hopefully not you), good news for me, is it's not even close. He almost has racing slicks. I still have hard corners on my lugs. Sometimes it's cheaper for a reason. Anyway, sets could vary. Good luck to you. BTW, did I mention your rig is badass.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks cool dude! Gonna have a 37" on mine soon so glad to see one with a larger tire on it.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

very nice looking rig... I love those wheels and the stance with the new tires....

Quick Reply: 38"s, Mamba Wheels, & XRC Rear