Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

35's with stock wheels post em' here

Old 07-16-2012, 12:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joined this club today!! Stock wheels with 35's.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by knightrohulk
Have any of guys had trouble with rock rash on stock wheels? I just a 2007 Unlimited Rubicon, and my 3 year old son was ready to start working on it, and took some pliers to the lug nuts, and I ended up with a 1/4" scratch on the wheel. Seemed like it scratched pretty easy. Any one with experience on this?
lol, kids eh? When my youngest son was 3 he took a hammer to the stucco on our house and knocked off a 12" diameter piece.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aaron97

Looks great!

WHich lift did you go with?
Old 07-16-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by aaron97

Very nice man!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default Balancing

Any issues with balance tires???? I have had my tires balanced twice in the last week, but apparently the machine only got up to like 25 mph, where the tires shake at around 45 mph. Anyone have any advice? Is it simply that I need to go to another shop with a better balancing machine? Also, the tires are running at 35 lbs psi... should I lower the psi to around 30-32?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:23 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CoreyZ
Looks great!

WHich lift did you go with?
His profile shows him having a 3" Rancho trail lift.....
Old 07-16-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoVAJKU
Any issues with balance tires???? I have had my tires balanced twice in the last week, but apparently the machine only got up to like 25 mph, where the tires shake at around 45 mph. Anyone have any advice? Is it simply that I need to go to another shop with a better balancing machine? Also, the tires are running at 35 lbs psi... should I lower the psi to around 30-32?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Anywhere between 30-35 should be fine. Do the chalk test to get exact for your set up. Most balancers are only going to go that fast. Figure out which tire needed the most weight and have them spin in on the wheel 180 degrees and rebalance. Otherwise, take it to a shop that does road force variance and they can perfectly match the tire to the wheels. Discount tire offers this but will not under any circumstances work on ur jeep with the spacers on it.

-Nathan

Last edited by TYDFAN; 07-16-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeeping4Fun
Just got the tires on the other day and they are great.

Attachment 341193
Damn that looks good!!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Nathan, I think my Jeep Dealer has the road variance balancer... they charge $80. I may have them do it tomorrow, but I wanted to avoid yet another charge for balancing given that I just had it done this past weekend. Thanks for the advice.

Jason

Originally Posted by TYDFAN
Anywhere between 30-35 should be fine. Do the chalk test to get exact for your set up. Most balancers are only going to go that fast. Figure out which tire needed the most weight and have them spin in on the wheel 180 degrees and rebalance. Otherwise, take it to a shop that does road force variance and they can perfectly match the tire to the wheels. Discount tire offers this but will not under any circumstances work on ur jeep with the spacers on it.

-Nathan
Old 07-16-2012, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoVAJKU
Nathan, I think my Jeep Dealer has the road variance balancer... they charge $80. I may have them do it tomorrow, but I wanted to avoid yet another charge for balancing given that I just had it done this past weekend. Thanks for the advice.

Jason
In that case, I'd definitely have the shop that balanced them 180 any that called for more weight than normal. Most radial 35's can balance just as good as any other tire so don't let them tell you it's because they are 35's.

-Nathan

Quick Reply: 35's with stock wheels post em' here