Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

305/55/20's yup 20's

Old 05-29-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they look good on a jeep
Old 05-29-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
I know. I laughed out loud at that one.

Sorry guys. You know that this forum is more off road related.

It is almost like taking wheels and tires from a 10 speed and mounting them on a mountain bike.

Why even buy a 4wd jeep anyway? With the money saved by buying a 2wd jeep, you could run even bigger wheels...
And not everyone like having beach balls for tires. Im sorry but times are changing. Its not the 60's anymore. If you check out the forum you will see lots of people having big rims and tires and wheeling the shit out of them and do awesome. Some of the best looking ( on or off road ) jeeps have 18's or higher. 10 speeds have skinny tires. If you look at some of our tires,we are just as wide or wider than alot of you guys with the doughnut rims. The only difference is we have a few inches less on the side walls. Not all of us want to beat our jeeps to shit as most 4x4 only jeeps are. I guarantee you that our jeeps will get more complements and turn more heads with our style, well unless they are 70 years old or you have 50k invested, then maybe not. But to each there own. I like all jeeps and wave at them all. Im glad not everyone wants to go our route, because then we would just blend in with the rest of the every day same old jeep crowd

Last edited by JKSTI&R1; 05-29-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by a-dub
I am running 33x12.5x20 that I put on my jeep because I lucked out and got a crazy deal on both rims and tires that I couldn't pass up. At first I wasn't sure if the rim size was too big but after almost a year of running them on and off road I have no regrets. There is not a lot of places to go true rock crawling around in Florida so it suits my needs for trail and mud rides. I will upgrade to 35's or 37's when I eat through this set but I am in no hurry. I know many don't like the 20 on a jeep but with the right tire and in black they look great in my opinion. So flame away if you must and thanks to those who like the look.
Nice Jeep

And I agree. I will also be upgrading to 35's after these tires are done with in the next few years...... But will be keeping the 20's

Last edited by JKSTI&R1; 05-29-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey if you like it that's all that matters...
I myself am not a fan of that look... It makes the JK look weak around the tires... Like a horse and carriage.....
I prefer the smaller rim bigger beefier tire and look....
IMO makes jeeps looks more rugged... but hey it would be a dull world if we all liked the same things!!!
I'm sure some like my yellow painted bead locks some don't.... That's ok I like it and I drive it..... GO STEELERS!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-722993257.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	165612   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1412246170.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	165613  
Old 05-29-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Hey if you like it that's all that matters...
I myself am not a fan of that look... It makes the JK look weak around the tires... Like a horse and carriage.....
I prefer the smaller rim bigger beefier tire and look....
IMO makes jeeps looks more rugged... but hey it would be a dull world if we all liked the same things!!!
I'm sure some like my yellow painted bead locks some don't.... That's ok I like it and I drive it..... GO STEELERS!!!!!
Looks Sick ! ! !
Old 05-29-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKSTI&R1

Looks Sick ! ! !
Thanks just saw pics of your JK... NICE!! Your wheels look good with your set up!!!

YELLOW was my first choice in 09 black 2nd choice when I bought my JK but the DAMN dealership didn't have any yellow... it would have been 2 weeks wait and another $1800 to get one in!!! Couldn't wait, no regrets either.
Love the yellow though....Classic....
Love my black one too.... Cause it's mine!! LOL
Old 05-29-2011, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Thanks just saw pics of your JK... NICE!! Your wheels look good with your set up!!!

YELLOW was my first choice in 09 black 2nd choice when I bought my JK but the DAMN dealership didn't have any yellow... it would have been 2 weeks wait and another $1800 to get one in!!! Couldn't wait, no regrets either.
Love the yellow though....Classic....
Love my black one too.... Cause it's mine!! LOL
Thanks. I keep lifting it so my tires are getting smaller and smaller looking

I love black and would of got that color but my last ride ( nissan armada ) was black and living in Az with all the dust, I could never keep it clean. I'd spend 2 hours washing it and drive 3 miles to the store and it was dirty again. So it was either yellow or orange for the jk choice and my wife was leaning more towards yellow, so that was that
Old 05-29-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im assuming that it would be much easier on the JK to roll with a set of 20's than to be turning over a set of 37's on 17" rims.. without the regearing hassle.
Just my
Old 05-29-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ingramJK
Im assuming that it would be much easier on the JK to roll with a set of 20's than to be turning over a set of 37's on 17" rims.. without the regearing hassle.
Just my
That makes no sense.

The overall diameter of the tire, whether it's on a 12" rim or 22" rim, determines the
final drive ratio.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I knew this was gonna happen.

Quick Reply: 305/55/20's yup 20's