Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

3" lift, 35" Toyo's, Fox Shocks, stock wheels

Old 02-25-2007, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" lift, 35" Toyo's, Fox Shocks, stock wheels

well finaly got my lift on last night. now all I have to do is make my arms so I can dial it all in. but even with out the adjustable arms it's not bad. I installed a Full Traction Economy lift, 35" Toyo's, Fox remote res. shocks, and wheel spacers for the stock wheels.oh yea I also trimmed back the stock rock sliders and that rear body seam that will get in the way...anyway here are some pics.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

loks great...good job

how do the toyos sounds on the highway??? noticable noise increase???
Old 02-25-2007, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Nice looking rig! Want to do something simular with mine when I get it. Are you gonna go with 4.88 gears?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice looking JK! What did you do with the Muffler? Do you have a write up on the exhaust work?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

the tires ar'nt loud on the hwy. I don't think they are any louder than the BFG's it came with stock. which were quiet.

as for the gears well not sure it needs them. it feels prety good hav'nt realy noticed any loss of power ??

yea there is a write up on the exaust on here do a search for magnaflow exaust and it will come up..

and thanks for the compliments.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good! I am curious what kind of ride the shocks give you! Is it stiffer or softer than it was stock.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Looks good! I am curious what kind of ride the shocks give you! Is it stiffer or softer than it was stock.
I'm curious about the shocks also, I believe they will be softer, but what part numbers or application did you get them for.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

ok little update

the tires are a little louder than I originaly posted. there is a slight humm going down the hwy. and I mean slight not very loud at all, I can still hear my exaust (in overdrive) over the humm from the tires...

as for the shocks well the ride is a bit stiff but I honestly think it's from the springs needing to get broke in ? I've installed the same shocks on TJ's so I know there not too stiff or atleast should'nt be. the shocks are just a "medium" valving shock. the fronts are 10" and the rear's are 11". the fronts used JKS stud adapters for the top mounts and for the rear I had to put in rubber bushings in the top mounts and use the stock bar pins. the JKS bar pins for a TJ were to small ( DC even beefed up the shock mounting for the JK..)

all in all the ride is prety stiff right now, I think I need to go flex it up a bit and hopefully loosen up the springs a little ?
Old 02-25-2007, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your rig looks tough, and alot of fun I'm sure! I'm still missing all the trails in California, because I'm in Georgia now, used to live 25 minutes from Bald mountain and a little further from Dusy-Ershim. If you get around that area, please post some pics so I can show my friends here what real trails are like. They think Tellico is Extreme!!!
Also, if you have any full-flex pictures, I'm sure we all want to see how the articulation affects the front driveshaft as well as the bottoming of the shocks and bumpstops. Underside shots would be the best.
And if you can stand beside your JK on level ground and take a picture, it might help me to convince my wife to let me lift my Rubicon sooner. She's 15 weeks pregnant! I'm currently offering to carry a stepladder and help her in & out, if she lets me lift it.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

I'll see what I can do for the pics. FWIW my wife is 5' 3" and has no problems getting into the jeep...well she dos'nt look like she has problems...LOL..

on I totaly forgot to mention about the front drive line. since my shocks don't limit the travel of the suspension my dirve line will hit the front crossmember. I cut a little off the lip on the crossmember and now it just clears I think I can slide a piece of paper between the driveline and the crossmember when it's lifted up on the rack. and no my shocks ar'nt too long they still keep tension on the coils.

Quick Reply: 3" lift, 35" Toyo's, Fox Shocks, stock wheels