Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

3" Fulltraction long arm

Old 12-27-2008, 08:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuka
Really liking that kit. The long arms should make it ride much nicer, and you should not get any of the horrible rear steer effects generally associated with a lift and the stock short arms.

Where did you get your lock outs, and how much is the kit? Oh, and unless those hubs are aluminum (hopefully they arent), you may want to paint them before they rust
the kits around $3,000.

the hubs are Solid Axle Spyntec hubs, www.solidaxle.com

they come zinc coated. This is the second winter running them, the first winter didnt rust them, I'm sure the second wont either.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

Does the kit recommend both driveshafts to be replaced? Are you going to replace your stockers?
Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by cgoeschel
Does the kit recommend both driveshafts to be replaced? Are you going to replace your stockers?

Depends on 4 door or 2 door with any 3" lift. 2 door, yes new shafts. 4 door, no not really.

the kit comes in 4" or 6" kits, I had parts from my old FT ultimate kit to make this a 3" kit.

I do have JE Reel 1350 driveshafts to put on.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:18 AM
JK Jedi

Looks great, congrats!
Old 12-28-2008, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

chris the rubi is starting to look real sweet , hope to see you at RC this year wheeling a JK , good luck with it
Old 12-28-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Depends on 4 door or 2 door with any 3" lift. 2 door, yes new shafts. 4 door, no not really.

the kit comes in 4" or 6" kits, I had parts from my old FT ultimate kit to make this a 3" kit.

I do have JE Reel 1350 driveshafts to put on.
I was wondering how you made the long arm kit to a 3". Looks great and i do love the cross member .
Old 12-28-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

His first Jeep was wrecked and he had an FT 3" Ultimate kit and used the spring from it. Good idea, low center of gravity.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Junkie

The long arms look great and something I've been thinking about but the 4" FT long arm kit was higher than I wanted to go. I too have the FT 3" ultimate lift installed with 35s on a 2 door but I'm still not happy about the rear over steer at 70mph on a 100 mile daily commute. Some side winds or avoiding someone putting on their make up always gets the heart beating a little faster and that definitely looks like the ticket.

One thing I noticed as well is it appears to have increased the wheelbase a bit. Do you mind getting a measurement on that?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

its not increased, the pictures are a little decieving. Although I did take these pictures before I adjusted the control arms so they may be a little long.

I had the jeep going 85 yesterday, it was straight and handles great around corners. Any side wind will make the jeep move, it did when it was stock.

if your thinking about going long arm with your 35's. I would give Steve at Fulltraction a call and see if he'll sell the kit without all the extra's you dont need like track bars, drop brackets, bump stops, brake lines, disconnects, and coils.

Your not to far from me, if you want to drive it your more than welcome too.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks much and I would like to take you up on that when I get my head above water at work in a few weeks. Not exactly sure where you are in Ohio, but I take some regular trips through Toledo with destinations like Cincy, Columbus, Pittsburgh and NY on a regular basis.

As for the wind it's really the recovery that's problematic. When being blown a couple feet out of a lane and then the ass end wants to go even further on recovery. Certainly better than stock with the short arms, but still enough to need to check your drawers when you're making a run along the lake shore in the snow and rain.

Also, on further inspection of the images, if the wheelbase length was extended it's probably less than an inch and a half.

Thanks again!!!

Quick Reply: 3" Fulltraction long arm