Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

3" Fabtech lift, wheels and tires on '10 Sahara

Old 02-17-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Fabtech lift, wheels and tires on '10 Sahara

Just got the Fabtech 3" basic lift with shocks installed along with Toyo Mud Terrains mounted on Ultra rogue wheels. Lift is awesome-- tight, no squeeks for rattles. New shocks were a huge improvment over stock. Very happy-- can't wait to try it out-- what a difference over the stock look!
Before
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep b4 email.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	37329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep4 email.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	37331  

Last edited by quadidaho; 02-18-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did the same lift and too love it. Couple issues with mine, but I bought it used, no biggie. It is great offroading too. Quick ? Did you measure before and after heights? Mine actually gave me 4.25" front and 3" rear. It scares me a little as I cant afford driveshafts. What did you get?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

4" front and 3" rear. Talking to the shop that did the install for me -- this is their most common and popular lift-- they have had no issues with drive shaft failures or needs to replace. It is an awesome kit.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by quadidaho
Just got the Fabtech 3" basic lift with shocks installed along with Toyo Mud Terrains mounted on Ultra rogue wheels. Lift is awesome-- tight, no squeeks for rattles. New shocks were a huge improvment over stock. Very happy-- can't wait to try it out-- what a difference over the stock look!
Before
Lookin good

I love my fabtech 3" lift. Wish it had new springs, but i'm still happy. I might end up replacing them sometime. Make sure the trackbar bracket is nice and tight... thats the only problem I've had w/ mine. If its a little loose, you'll notice your steering will shift slightly when you hit a bump. Scared me a little when I hit a bump and all the sudden i had to have my wheel 1/8 of a turn to the right to keep going straight

wish i would have measured it before and after, I'm thinking i got about 3.5 to 4" lift front and rear.

Anyone w/ these fabtech shocks know if they'll give enough to justify getting new springs?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

The shop that did my lift has done a ton of these-- one the day before mine went under the knife. Strange thing was when they began my install there were two pieces of cut and stamped steel in my kit that were not in any other Fabtech kit that they had done. New directions were included and were newer than those on the Fabtech website. The new pieces are to be welded to the axle and the track bar bracket-- essentially gusseting it on all sides. Apparently a running change.

Thanks for the heads up on the track bar being tightened-- no issue yet but something to watch for.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by quadidaho
The shop that did my lift has done a ton of these-- one the day before mine went under the knife. Strange thing was when they began my install there were two pieces of cut and stamped steel in my kit that were not in any other Fabtech kit that they had done. New directions were included and were newer than those on the Fabtech website. The new pieces are to be welded to the axle and the track bar bracket-- essentially gusseting it on all sides. Apparently a running change.

Thanks for the heads up on the track bar being tightened-- no issue yet but something to watch for.
if your track bar bracket is welded to your axle, then i don't think you'll have a problem w/ it loosening up. sounds like i'm not the only person who had a problem w/ my track bar bracket sliding around if they've changed the design to weld on the track bar bracket. Only down side is, if you ever want an adjustable track bar, its going to be a PITA to get that bracket off now.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my 3" Fabtech kit -

However....

My trackbar bracket was welded and it did rip off - it was fixed then I put on the Curry reinforcement for the trackbar bracket...

Lastly...

Today I had to replace both front shocks. Both completely shot after 18 months - and I don't wheel that hard either.

I went with Bilstein 5100 and they seem much stronger.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:48 PM
JK Freak

hey guys i have the same lift and it looks awesome. Does your bumper look a little low in the back??? I might do the bumper relocation to make it a tighter fit or maybe im just overthinking it lol

I understand it uses spacers, but was wondering if you guys have looked into using a body lift as well to add more height? would that be possible
Old 02-20-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks good quadidaho
Old 02-23-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tried it out in the snow this past weekend-- all worked great. No issues with kit, tires or wheels. I would recommend this set up to anyone with a JK.

Quick Reply: 3" Fabtech lift, wheels and tires on '10 Sahara