Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

3.5" AEV/Nth degree lift?

Old 11-30-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
I wonder if it's to late to switch the coils.
You might call them. The 4.5 has some parts to gain extra articulation by moving the shocks outboard, but I think that is it. The instructions are the same but differ on how you put in the bump stops and drop brackets if you use them. It was only $150 more?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

you guys with the 4.5" kits....did you have to replace the drive shafts right away? Or at all?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tattedfire
you guys with the 4.5" kits....did you have to replace the drive shafts right away? Or at all?
I replaced the front from the get go; still have the stock rear with no problems. You can keep the front stock shaft but you can't use the outboard shock mounts to increase articulation.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Just sent you a PM
Old 12-01-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I replaced both right away. My smaller diameter 1310cv shaft has still managed to contact the tranny pan ever so slightly and add pinstriping to the ds. The rear is still pretty close to the gas tank and my evap skid but hasn't made contact with anything.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

anyone running this lift? Pics. I'm thinking about this lift with a 1"BL running 37's.
They recommend their 4.5" lift for 37s. Any advantage to doing their 3.5" lift + a 1" body lift instead?

I'm running their 3.5" Premium lift on 35s and I love it. Easy to install, too.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
You might call them. The 4.5 has some parts to gain extra articulation by moving the shocks outboard, but I think that is it. The instructions are the same but differ on how you put in the bump stops and drop brackets if you use them. It was only $150 more?
Looks like it's just springs. Hmm So new drive shafts are all I'll need?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Not to hijack the thread or anything but if someone were looking for a complete suspension system what else would they need with the premium lift?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have the 4.5" premium and still running stock drive shafts with no problems "yet". I am looking at adjustable rear control arms to move the axle to center of wheel well. I went with the 4.5 due to the 3.5 being out of stock at the time and I didn't want to wait. Running Duratracs 315/70/17 for now, but am looking to go 37s when they wear out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2285794267.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	106387   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2360315191.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	106388  
Old 12-01-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

I did the driveshafts at the same time as the lift. I was told the stock shafts would not work at all. I read on several threads about the driveshaft falling apart with lifts of more than 2.5" lifts. I'm not one to wait until things leave me stranded.

I also went with the TF monster arms. I would recommend to others to wait on replacing the control arms. I am sure the TF gives me more flex, but how much I am skeptical about. My pinion angles are right on, but I am not sure they would have been off using the factory control arms. The factory arms are incredibily stout. I kept them for use down the road when I build my trailer.

I am incredibily pleased with the on AND off-road performance! Damn thing corners like a sports car (for a JEEP anyways) and flexes very well off-road...as seen in pictures.

For those of you wishing you'd done the 4.5", I'm here to say you should have ! But a 1" BL will get you the bigger tires!

Quick Reply: 3.5" AEV/Nth degree lift?