Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2DR JK Cargo Box and Sleep Platform

Old 08-20-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that is the coolest shit I have ever seen.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool!

So what is the total distance from the tail gate to the back of the seats? If this has already been posted, sorry!

I hvae ben thinking about this for awhile as well. Good job!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

I could'nt help but think about how professional looking it was. Nice job with the carpet/exposed parts - great blending to the existing interior!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

That is really sick. Great Job
Old 08-20-2012, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Great mod ! Super cool guys
Old 08-21-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rokklymer
So what is the total distance from the tail gate to the back of the seats? If this has already been posted, sorry!

I hvae ben thinking about this for awhile as well. Good job!
The distance from the tailgate to the back of the front seat is 57" with a 1" gap between the seat and the platform when swung to the horizontal position. The diagonal dimension is 72" from the driver's side rearward most corner to the front right corner of the platform behind the passenger's seat when swung to the horizontal position. You could possible get a couple more inches in fore/aft length if you raised the platform an inch or two taller but then you have to make sure there is enough clearance to swing the forward extension pieces past the front seat frames. The length of this extended platform piece was a basically determined by the height of the box. I wanted to be able to sit on it with a little clearance between my head and the soft top. The length of the front extensions were maximized such that they still had just enough swing clearance past the seat.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2DR JK Cargo Box and Sleep Platform

Thank you everyone for the compliments.

This box was not that difficult to make, however, wrapping the carpet on the top was a pain. It just took a little more time because I had nothing to go from and had to figure out all the dimensions from scratch. There are a few very minor things that I did to the bottom of the box (shims in rear sides) to stop the box from rocking on the floor pan sheet metal (that is not flat) and to make the platform parallel to the rear quarter sheet metal surface that the hard top sits on so it looks like an OEM design.

If anyone is interested in doing this then PM me and I can help you out.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Well done! Looks really good. I always knew it was possible for two to sleepin a 2-dr., because I used to sleep two in my '93 YJ all the time. I had a similar setup, except that mine was hinged. I was thinking of doing this to my 2-dr., but I just bought an off-road trailer with rooftop tent, so I probably won't need to now. But if I ever go on a solo trip, I may sleep in the Jeep, because I can completely stretch out diagonally on the floor (if I fill in the passenger footwells of course). I'm only 5'4" though.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 4dr's been done

Originally Posted by eastcoasting32
Ahhh I wish someone made this for a 4dr :( Anyways, awesome job!!
I've done it...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...g-jeep-200265/

Quick Reply: 2DR JK Cargo Box and Sleep Platform