Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

285/75/16 BFG MTs TF lvl kit Rubi shocks installed! Pics

Old 07-08-2010, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 285/75/16 BFG MTs TF lvl kit Rubi shocks installed! Pics

Everythings in-285/75/16 BFG MTs, TF leveling kit, JK takeoff Rubi shocks. Used my Superchips programmer to change tire size from 29in to 33in. Also changed to the "Tow" tune. Was feeling the 87 and 91 performance tunes weren't doing it. Tow tune helped. I can cruise with my current setup at a comfortable 70/75mph. RPMS dropped to 1.5K while cruising but saw my MPG start to pick up from 18.5 to 19mpg. Now just need some rock rails...you can't see it in the pictures but the right side plastic step is cracked halfway down the length and bent up from a nice boulder at Rausch Creek I hit while still bone stock with my bald SRAs.
And the Rubi shocks are awesome. I lost the bouncy feeling I was getting with my stock shocks. Figured I needed it what with the new weight of the tires.

before:

After:

Old 07-08-2010, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice looks great!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Looks good. Rumor has it that all JK shocks are the same, the Rubi shocks just come in red.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Looks good, Can't wait to do mine.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NWDave
Looks good. Rumor has it that all JK shocks are the same, the Rubi shocks just come in red.
i considered that but somewhere I read, think it was JK-Forum, that black JK shocks are hydraulic and Red Rubi shocks are gas bilsteins.

Either way rides better even with the more weight of the tires.

Quick Reply: 285/75/16 BFG MTs TF lvl kit Rubi shocks installed! Pics