Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

255/80/17 KM2 pics

Old 01-11-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine are ordered and will be installed Jan 21. Installed my levelling kit last week. Can't wait for the tires.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Ok ... so we had a few inches last week, and then like 8"s fell yesterday. I think they are handling just fine in the snow (again, middle lugs siped). This is all supposed to freeze over in the next couple of days, so I'll let you know how they do on the slicker stuff. I think they get a 3 out of 5 stars for snow according to the BFG site (if I remember correctly), and that seems just about right. I can get through the heavier snow in 2wd if I play with it right ... turn off esp, spin 'em and go to get around. In 4wd, no problems whatsoever ... I allowed myself to be "that guy" on the long drive home last night from work, and I just cruised through the fresh stuff on the shoulder with ease. I also think the thin tire cuts through better than the 265s and the 285s I had in the past. So far, best tires I've had on the JK.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	new tires.jpg
Views:	2634
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	268430I had my new BFG 255/80/17's installed yesterday, right after getting 4-5 inches of snow. I thought the tires did pretty well in the snow, but then again I am comparing them to the Good Year SRA's with 40k miles on them.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

a small update.. these tires are awesome... went wheeling on some snowy/muddy trails with them last weekend... I aired them down to 20 psi and they worked flawlessly. i was able to crawl even the sloppiest hills and obstacles.

here's some videos:

first one is the entire 2 hours of trail riding condensed into a 23 minute video... taken with my GoPro Hero... at one point we winched my wife's unlimited up out of the creek, and then I just walked right out... you'll also see in some parts that the TJ in front of me had a hell of a time, while I just went right up... I never touched my lockers the entire time. there was only one spot that I didn't try to go up towards the beginning because my wife dug some massive holes with her 35's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0pUnMO35Vc second one is just a little loop through... mind you it was slippery as hell (nobody wanted to try it), but you can't tell because my tires gripped so well... the reason I sat there for a little bit after I started down the hill was because my son was unbuckled and his car seat slid forward... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHs1kN3PQYM
and a pic after we were done:

I'm loving these tires.. no complaints whatsoever... so glad I decided on these...
Old 01-23-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a couple of questions for the others who have these tires. This is my first Jeep and I drove it for the first 40k miles with the stock Goodyear SRA's, so after my first few days with the new tires, I have noticed two things 1) you can definitely hear these tires more than you can the stock 2) the Jeep feels like it doesn't coast as freely as it did before. The additional noise did not surprise me but just wondering if it is normal to feel a difference in how the vehicle rolls?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IR Tools
I have a couple of questions for the others who have these tires. This is my first Jeep and I drove it for the first 40k miles with the stock Goodyear SRA's, so after my first few days with the new tires, I have noticed two things 1) you can definitely hear these tires more than you can the stock 2) the Jeep feels like it doesn't coast as freely as it did before. The additional noise did not surprise me but just wondering if it is normal to feel a difference in how the vehicle rolls?
Ya, you went from a tire that is approx. 36lbs to a tire that is 54lbs. That is going to make a difference in the way your rig is going to feel rolling down the road, not to mention braking and taking off as well. Rest assured though, you will get used to it and be extremely impressed how it does off road. If it's too much of a burden, the next step is regear!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vincent
Ya, you went from a tire that is approx. 36lbs to a tire that is 54lbs. That is going to make a difference in the way your rig is going to feel rolling down the road, not to mention braking and taking off as well. Rest assured though, you will get used to it and be extremely impressed how it does off road. If it's too much of a burden, the next step is regear!
Cool, Thanks. I do love the looks of the new tires and they ride well, I was concerned that I would feel a big difference in corners due to the sidewalls flexing more but hardly notice a difference. I look forward to getting off the pavement with them and seeing how they do.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone else have pics of this setup: 255/80/17 w 1.5" wheel spacers and preferably in a 4 door?
Old 05-14-2012, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aekdbrich
Does anyone else have pics of this setup: 255/80/17 w 1.5" wheel spacers and preferably in a 4 door?
You don't need wheel spacers with these tires. That is why most of us, at least me, bought the taller skinnier tires as opposed to the same height, but fatter. This eliminates the need for more backspacing. They are the same width as the OEM BFG KM's that come on the Rubicon, just an inch taller. I ran these before I got my lift and I had no rubbing issues. Here is the comparison photo that I took while I still had the OEM KM's on my Rubi. I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 255/80/17 KM2 pics