Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

20inch rims with 37inch mudders

Old 04-04-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the way my Mickey Thompson MTZ's handle and I've seen BFG KM2's in action and they are just as good. Any big tire is going to be louder than any car tire, so go with whatever tire fits your use the best and don't worry about road noise. The only overly obnoxious tires I have experienced are the super swamper brand.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
I love the way my Mickey Thompson MTZ's handle and I've seen BFG KM2's in action and they are just as good. Any big tire is going to be louder than any car tire, so go with whatever tire fits your use the best and don't worry about road noise. The only overly obnoxious tires I have experienced are the super swamper brand.
oh wow and that was one of my choice cause my buddy has them on his dodge ram 2500 but im also looking at the nitto mud grapplers that the tread looks kind of like reptile scales and the wrangler mtr price wise are the micky thompsons and good deal
Old 04-04-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saltman
Sounds ghetto. Why 20s? It will ride harsher and the tires will be more expensive. I like having more sidewall.
are there a lot of lifted jeeps with 37's on 20's running around in the ghetto??!?!! i would agree if he was wanting to put 22s on his 88 buick le sabre but not on a $25K jeep

by the way ur choice of tire is superb... i have the MTZ's but i can't wait to sell em/ wear em out to buy the Mud Grapplers.. they're great tires
Old 04-04-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by davebloomer
are there a lot of lifted jeeps with 37's on 20's running around in the ghetto??!?!! i would agree if he was wanting to put 22s on his 88 buick le sabre but not on a $25K jeep

by the way ur choice of tire is superb... i have the MTZ's but i can't wait to sell em/ wear em out to buy the Mud Grapplers.. they're great tires
i dont get why everyone thinks 20s are ghetto those are small compared to what people drive around with now a days and they look nice and clean ghetto is driving around with some rims that look like spares or that are all rusted out
Old 04-04-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are a few JK's on here w/20's and I think look great!! There are those on here that think if you don't have some super uber cool 15's then you are ghetto or have a mall crawler.
I plan on running 20's on my Rubi, I already have a set of tires that are for 20" wheels. I am going with the Rockstars like pictured above.
Do a search for 20" wheels, there is one thread that has several in it, I don't think any have 37's though.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hay Dios mio...mucho caca en esto JK's.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default ghetto

A good rule of thumb is to go with a tire thats double the size of your rims or close. So, a 37" tire on an 18" rim. 40" tire on a 20" rim. I personally run 37"x13.50xR18 Nitto Mud Grapplers and think they look balanced. I had the shop set up a 20 and an 18 inch rim with the 37 inch tire and I thought the 20 inch rim took away from the "look" of the tire, however some people want the unbalanced look. Just my opinion.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 18x9 black rockstars and 33" Nitto terra grapplers, Ill have everything installed today and Ill post some pics. That will at least give a better idea of one of your combo choices.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would only go up to 18" but that is just me. I don't care what you run, its your jeep, you pay for it and drive it , not me..... On the look of the Rockstar wheels. I really like that wheel. it is a little blocky and almost looks like a wheel you would find on a concept vehicle. The only thing though. I don't like the way the wheel looks in sizes smaller then 20" . The wheels smaller then 20" are more flat and to me it takes away the coolness of the rockstar wheel style. I would like to see this wheel in the 18" size with out the center cap and see how it looks. The 20" wheel sinks in the center . I like it, but don't want to run that size.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Junkie

I think that 20"s with 37"s looks good. The only problem with 20"s is finding the right wheel that will look rugged instead of ghetto.

Quick Reply: 20inch rims with 37inch mudders